Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Clarification...

*Update-I called Mia's nephrologist because NO ONE CALLED ME, and of course they knew nothing of what happened last night! So the nurse who called me last night, and told me that she had talked to Dr. P was not telling the truth, UGH! But, we rescheduled and it is December 23rd at 9am...one month from today, one day before the Christmas holidays begin, etc. but at least it's scheduled!*

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers in regards to Mia and her DMSA scan! They truly do mean the world to me, especially coming from people that I don't know in "real life" :) As you can see from my random "outburst" post last night, her scan is not happening today because of the realization that she has reflux and it could have compromised her breathing during the procedure.

As I drove to work this morning, I prayed and prayed and asked God for forgiveness in regards to my reaction last night, after hearing that Mia could NOT have her test done today. I was furious! (not to the nurse who told me this news, but to my hubby who heard the wrath after the phone call from Hopkins! :) I know that for whatever reason God chose to have it not done today. God chose to have the need arise for it to be rescheduled and for that I need to take comfort. BUT I was SO angry. As a very sweet reader and mommy, Jackie, commented, "Do they know what that does to a Mama's heart?" EXACTLY! I couldn't have said it better myself. I've been so anxiety ridden in the days leading up to this scan, worrying about the sedation, worrying about all the "what ifs", etc. And then to call me the NIGHT before, mere hours before she was supposed to be NPO (nothing by mouth) to tell me that we couldn't do it. My heart broke because I was SO close to having it all behind us, and now it's a waiting game AGAIN. But I know, this is all in God's hands and everything will be fine, however, I would have LOVED to have gone into the Thanksgiving holiday without this looming in my mind. But again...God's plan! :)

They are going to reschedule it under general anesthesia instead of sedation. I had no clue what the difference was, so I asked my dear friend Selina, who is a anesthesiologist, and she said that under general anesthesia a doctor will be there to monitor everything and she will have a breathing device in place (assumedly they will intubate her with a breathing tube :( .

Thank you again for your thoughts and concerns. I will keep everyone posted when I get a new scan date.

No comments: