Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Day Blogger Challenge: Day 29

Day 29: 3 wishes...

Oh my, this is a hard one. I clearly have SEVERAL wishes (or prayers) but here goes my Top 3....

1) That my children always love and honor God. That they use Him as the basis of all life decisions and choices. That they are okay with not always being in the "in crowd" if it means saying no and being true to who they are. That they just remain healthy, well-rounded, happy people and ulitmately adults. I don't want to see my children experience and go through what my husband and I went through (by our own choosing) in life. I love them more then words can express, and I know heartache (at some point in their lives) is inevitable, but I pray that deep down, they are always happy!

2) That my husband always stays sober. He's come SO far (that's an understatement) and has made more of his life in the last 18 months then he had in his previous 28 years but I know it can all change in the blink of an eye. I pray that it doesn't! In my heart I am SO optimistic, but I have watched Intervention before, I have been to NA meetings before, and I've seen people with 20+ years of sobriety fall off the wagon. I pray that is NEVER my husband!

3) I wish that stepdad's grandson, Nick makes a full recovery. Nick was burned last Saturday (October 30th) in a bonfire accident. He is only 20 years. He was the picture of health, good looks, all American guy and he is now burned over 60% of his body. He is in a medically induced coma in a burn unit at a local hospital. He is in great hands BUT his recovery is in the earliest stages. His condition is still SO critical. He has already had 3 surgies and MANY more on the horizon. I pray that he makes a full recovery.

Visit Katie and link up...

2 comments:

Katie K. said...

I absolutely love your list, all are wonderful wishes/prayers! I will for sure be praying for your husband and also your other family member. My grandmother just went through the same thing as your husband except she is 72 and doing that. It has been almost 2 months now and so far so good!

Mama4Real said...

Being a mommy is so hard, especially when you have the experience and eyes to see what may lay ahead. All you can do is your best, and trust God for the rest. Sounds so much easier than it is!!!