Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How could I have forgotten!?!??!? Bad mommy!

All of this Thanksgiving/bonfire picture posting made me forget something major...on Thanksgiving day, Mia started to REAL crawl...on all fours, hands and knees, REAL crawling!!! Now, for those of you who haven't followed for a while, Mia was "diagnosed" with low muscle tone in her upper extremities around 5 months old (Thanks to mommy intuition!). She's been in physical therapy since the end of August and has made amazing strides! We knew at some point she would be "caught up" with her peers, physically speaking (she is fine in her developemental milestones) but we weren't sure when. She started pulling herself to stand and "cruising" a few weeks back, but had never "real" crawled. She was the master of the army crawl! :) I thought that perhaps she'd never real crawl, as I know some children don't, but I was hoping she would because it would help SO much with her muscle tone. Then, out of nowhere, on Thanksgiving morning, while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, she did it! At first I thought it was a fluke, but no, she continued to do it that day and has done it everyday since. YAY MIA!!!! :) I think we'll continue to do physical therapy, at least into the beginning of next year, because I don't want to stop and then her fall behind but my sweet angel is REALLY coming along! :)

No comments: