Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy 10 Months Mia Grace...

*Edited-some things mommy forgot...you LOVE to wave! You get VERY excited and start waving like crazy when you see someone you know and love. Or even when it's a stranger. No stranger anxiety for you missy! :) You LOVE to dance! You bounce up and down and it is SO funny to watch! Lastly, the other day you were holding a remote control between your shoulder and ear (as if it were a phone). I didn't make the connection. I just thought it was a fluke. However, today, you did it again, so I said, "Hello" and brought out into this ridiculously silly conversation and you started talking back, as if you were on the phone. It was ADORABLE! I got it on video, but I don't know how to post videos from my phone to Blogger (if I even can.) I hope you are more computer savy then Mommy when you get older! ;)

My beautiful little girl,
  Words can not describe how I feel about you! You are wonderful, amazing, high maintenance ;) special little girl! I can't believe you are 10 months old. I know I say that every month BUT it seems like it was just yesterday that I was on maternity leave, taking video of you ever week to celebrate you Week ... "birthday" and now here we are at 10 months!! Time flies! :)

Okay, now down to business...
-Normally the first point I touch on is your weight and height, well, I don’t know exact figures because you haven’t been at the doctors since your 9 month check (you were 19.8 lbs and 28 inches). My best guess would be 20.something lbs and around the same height (how’s that for technical :)) But you don’t go back to the doctors until your 1 year (EEKKKK!) so I’ll just be guesstimating for the next two months! :)

- You are still SO close to “real crawling” (as I have come to call it), but nope, you won’t do it. You will not crawl on your hands and knees. You still army crawl like it’s your job. I have a feeling that you are going to skip “real crawling” entirely, but I guess that remains to be seen. You pull yourself up on anything and everything and a few days again began a teeny bit of “cruising”…you’ll take a few steps along the sofa. You get into EVERYTHING and get where you need to be! :)

-You are in size 4 diapers. I'm not really sure why, because you are no where close to the size 4 weight range, but they don't leak, so we'll keep it that way! :) We use Huggies and I think they are cut smaller, so maybe that's why you're in a 4. Who knows!??! :) (same as last month)

-You are primarily in 12 month clothing. It varies depending upon the cut, but mostly 12 months.

-You continue to spend your days at Linnie's while Mommy and Daddy are working. You are Linnie's baby and she loves you to pieces. You get so happy when we pull in her driveway! (But let me not fail to say, you get SOOOO excited when Mommy walks in to pick you up! ;)

-You continue to have physical therapy once/week with Mrs. Cindy. I’m hoping that after the Thanksgiving holiday we will cut it back to once/two weeks (instead of once/week). We had discussed not doing this until you “real crawl” but what if you choose to skip that step altogether!?!? :)

-I had mentioned last month that I didn’t want to jinx myself by writing about how awesome you sleep, and I was right! :) You started randomly waking up in the middle of the night (only once). Sometimes you can be soothed by your “ninny” other times I bring you in bed (shhhh! Whatever works! :)) But then you’ll fall back asleep until your 5:30am-ish bottle, you fall asleep immediately after finishing that, and then Mommy wakes you up when it’s time to get ready for Linnie’s.

-You are saying “Mama” and “Dada” to the correct parents now! :) It is SO cute!

-You are still a pro at the sippy cup! It’s adorable and you LOVE your water! :)

-You love your Stage 3 food, puffies and Cheerios. We’ve given you bites of “real” food (chicken, mashed potatoes, etc.) and it really seems to upset your stomach. You have always had a finicky stomach…gas, etc. (You’ll hate me for saying that when you’re older :)) but it’s true. So for now, it’s baby food, and that’s it, but that’s fine since you have NO teeth…

-That’s right, you are 10 months old and don’t have a single tooth! :) I don’t even see a sign of any pending teeth! That makes mommy a bit nervous (I’m neurotic, what can I say? )) But I know they’ll come soon! (at least I hope!)

-In regards to your kidney “issues” (which we aren’t even sure what these issues really are yet) you have your DMSA scan on Tuesday, November 23rd. Mommy is scared! I don’t want you to have to be sedated, but I know it’s for the best. Only one parent can go back with you, so that’ll be Daddy. I know Mommy would lose it if I had to go back and watch you be sedated. I know we’ll have answers after this, so I’ll just have to be a big girl about it, but I don’t wanna! :( And the alternative (not that Hopkins offered it, but I’m sure if we refused sedation they’d have to comply) is that they strap you down in a papoose for AN HOUR AND 15 MINUTES! I couldn’t do that to you baby girl! They say children don’t remember but I had proof last night that they do…as I was talking to Daddy about you being sedated, and thankfully they wouldn’t have to strap you down, etc. your brother chimed and, in detail, explained the time when he was around 1.5 years old and he was strapped down for a CT scan (it was when we had taken him to the ER so sedating him wasn’t an option because he had eaten. Clearly we weren’t prepared for a random CT scan!) and HE REMEMBERED EVERYTHING! :( That broke mommy’s heart! He even mentioned the color of the straps they used! :( So baby girl, as much as I don’t want you to be sedated, it’s best!

I think that about covers it my sweet angel! Mommy loves you SO much and although we are ENTIRELY too close to your 12 month post I wouldn’t trade this time with you for anything in this world! :)

4 comments:

Jeska said...

So sweet that she's saying Mama and Dadda to you both correctly! She's adorable!

Ashley said...

That is a precious picture! She is too cute!

Jen said...

What an absolute doll!

Jackie said...

Happy 10 months, precious girl!