Thursday, November 11, 2010

Prayers for Mia (and me :)

It was determined a few weeks ago, by Mia's nephrologist (kidney doctor) that Mia would need a DMSA scan in the near future. Well, we finally got word today that her scan is scheduled for November 23, 2010 at 9am. We have to be there at 9am, her scan time is 11am. I'm going to be honest here and say I am scared to death! Scared of what the scan will determine? No. I'm looking forward to having answers as to why her left kidney is significantly smaller then her right one. I am scared to death of her being sedated! :( Although Manuel has been through A LOT (medically speaking-spinal taps, CT scans, x-rays, etc.) in his 4.5 years, he's never had to be sedated. I'm scared to death of this happening to Mia. My husband is also taking off work, so he can be there to support me. I'm sure I'll break down. I cry over EVERYTHING, but especially when it involves my children. I keep trying not to think about it because it's almost 2 weeks away, and what's the point in dwelling on it for two weeks, but still, she's my baby, I'm her mommy and I'm sad she has to go through this. I know being "put under" and "coming to" can be a pretty scary thing to watch and some kids have adverse reactions. I just PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that everything goes smoothly!

Please pray for our family over these next two weeks if you could! :)

Oh, and I almost forgot, since she has to be sedated she can't have a bottle or food after 3am!!! Um, as I mentioned earlier, I've never been through this before, but I would imagine that have a 10 month old (She'll be 10 months old by then) NPO (latin-nothing by mouth) for 10+ hours is not going to be a walk in the park. If anyone has had to do with a child Mia's age, I'd love to hear any suggestions or ideas. It's not like we can sit down and say, "Mia, you have to have a special test done today, so you can't eat or drink until after it's over." She's a baby, she doesn't understand what that means!!! :) All she knows is that mommy and daddy won't let her eat or drink :(

Sorry this post is all over the place, just please pray for my sweet little angel! :)

And for good measure...
Mia wearing her brothers Halloween costume mask :)

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, Christina! I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Isla had to be sedated at 10 months and I was a wreck! Thankfully, the apprehension was WAY worse than the actual surgery.

We did our best to keep her distracted so she wouldn't dwell on being hungry...just be prepared to feed her AS SOON AS she comes to.

I'll keep you both in my thoughts! And if you need any more advice, just ask :)

Jeska said...

:( That is scary. My TWO year old nephew had to be put under to have a lump in his neck removed and I was so worried. But it will be okay, you will get through this! Best of luck!

Lindsay said...

Hang in there momma. I am praying for you guys!! HUGS

Ashley said...

Praying for yall!

Kayla said...

I am not sure how you are composed enough to even write a blog like this. I would be crying as I typed. I will keep Mia in my thoughts.

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Sending hugs and saying a prayer now...

SayRah said...

awww, prayers for your sweet baby girl! Will definitely be in constant prayer for Mia. ((hugs))

SayRah said...

Still hoping and praying things are okay for sweet Mia, Christina...
And, I have an award for you @ my blog (to make you smile!), so please come by and pick it up :)

Rachel said...

Praying for you. It's so hard to watch those that we love deal with things that we can't change. You'll get through it...

I'm sorry.

Praying for some peace for your momma's heart.

Blessings.

Rachel