Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentines Day Linky Party @ A Sorta Fairytale

It's that time of year...Valentines Day linkys, photo contest, etc! :) Link up with Mandy and tell us about your love! :)





 This is my hubby Manny (in case you didn't know! ;) From the outside, those that don't know him, would probably find him a bit intimidating...he is 6' 4", 290 and full of tattoos! :) But inside, Manny is the sweetest, kindest, will give you the shirt off his back if it was the last shirt he owned, gentlest guy I know. He is an AMAZING father (I can't stress that enough) and a wonderful husband! We have had our share of struggles (which I touched about on wanting to get into here on my blog after the birthday party extravaganza's for both of the kids is over, to possibly inspire others going through something similar) but on March 30, 2011 we will be celebrating 5 years of marriage and I can proudly say that we have worked our butts off to get to where we are, and could TRULY not be happier. Some people don't believe in soulmates, but I have NO doubt that God put Manny on this Earth for me, and me on this Earth for Manny. We both come from "struggle" (his struggle WAY worst then mine) but we balance each other out, we make each other better people, I am able to show him what a "real" family is (my family is VERY close, his family is not, so he's never known what it means to have such a great, tight knit support system) and I can not imagine my life without him! :) AND, we make beautiful children, if I do say so myself! ;)

How we met: Manny and I had several mutual friends so we had seen each other here and there for months, chatted, but that was that. I saw him in November 2004 at a party and we spent some extra time catching up, but I never thought anything of it. Fast forward to December 2004 a mutual friend told me that Manny was interested in me, I was flattered, but again, nothing really came of it. We didn't see each other again until St. Patricks Day 2005...Manny and I had our first kiss that night, started dating, and as the saying goes...the rest is history! ;) Not really though because things moved along quite unconventionally for Manny and I (to say the least!) but as I type this on February 2, 2011, I can't imagine our life any differently. God is good!!!! :)
You can read our proposal story here, which is pretty darn cute! :)

Here is what I wrote in Manny's Valentines Day card for this year (don't fear, he doesn't read my blog :) ...

Mans,
  I love you more today then I EVER have! You mean the absolute world to me and I TRULY can not imagine my life without you in it. Thank you for giving me two of the most beautiful children in the world. Thank you for becoming the man you are today through hardwork, time, love and reliance on God. You are amazing! I love you!

2 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

Sweet, sweet story. I totally believe in soulmates. It sounds like you two were made for eachother!

Hanna said...

You guys are sooooo cute!! My hubby doesn't read my blog either:)