Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Proposal Stories

I absolutely LOVE Kelly over @ Kelly's Korner (http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/). I don't know her, but from following her blog ever since the birth of her ADORABLE Harper, she just seems like one of the sweetest people on Earth! :) Every Friday she does a segment called "Show Us Your Life" where she chooses various topics and has people post about it. I've never participated (or at least I don't think I have), but todays topic I just couldn't pass up...Proposal Stories. Here is mine...

My husband and I had been acquaintences for several years. We shared several mutual friends. In March 2005 we started dating, and got fairly seriously, fairly quickly. Then came June 9, 2005 when we got the shock of our lives when I found out I was prego!!! (I know, unwed, this was before I became a Christian and started living to honor God. So PLEASE forgive me!!!!) We were determined to make the best life we could for our child, even though we had only been together for THREE months! We had no intentions of rushing in to a marriage. We knew too many people that had gotten married because they were pregnant and the outcome hadn't been good. We knew we wanted to be together, we knew we were going to love our little surprise, but marriage wasn't something we wanted to rush! Fast forward to Thanksgiving Day 2005...I was pretty prego but feeling good and happy with where life was taking us. It is tradition in my family that every year we go around the table at Thanksgiving dinner and say what we are thankful for. It's usually a "tear fest"! :) I was SUPER nervous that year because it would be my boyfriend (at the time) first time having to speak in front of my entire family. "What would he say?", EEKKKKKKK, I was nervous! So it was his turn to go, and I wasn't really looking at him (because that's what I do, when I get nervous or feel "awkward" I just kind of turn away! :) He begins talking,

"I just want to say that I am so thankful to be a part of this family. You guys are really wonderful and have really made me realize what family is all about. I am thankful for Christina (that's me! :). But what I would be most thankful for is you would spend the rest of your life with me Christina..." My mouth drops, I turn to my left to look at him and he has a ring pulled out, waiting for my finger! :) Everyone is crying. Of course I say yes! And as they say, the rest is history! :)

Here we are, 4 years later, two beautiful children, great relationships with God, active in our church, and TRULY happy! God knows what He is doing at ALL times! Even when we think, "Really??? Why is this happening to me????" :)

3 comments:

asthefarmturns said...

Amazing story. Truly. :)

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

Danielle Taylor said...

Oh my! Your story could be mine! Very cute story!

Lynn said...

Hi Christina - found you through Kelly's "Show us your Life: Proposal Stories" and I had to comment on your post! What a testimony to everyone how God works in mysterious(or not so mysterious ways! He is an awesome God, isn't He?! I'm so happy for you and how things worked out. =)
May He continue to bless you and your family!