Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE TRUTH and Wordless-ish Wednesday

For starters, if you read my post yesterday and were wondering what which one of those 5 fact was the TRUTH, here it goes...

1. I speak fluent Italian due to my Italian upbringing.
Not true. Although my moms family is Italian (my mom was actually born in Sicily) and I grew up constantly hearing Italian, and I am NOT fluent in it. I can say, about 5 phrases "Eat!", "Come here", "What are you doing?", oh wait, I can only say 3! :)


2. I was born in New Jersey, at my parents house, not in a hospital.
Not true. I was born in Maryland, and have lived here my entire life (except for about a year when I lived in South Carolina). I was born at a hospital, via a c-section.

3. My husband and I met on a blind date.
Not true. My husband and I hung out with the same group of people and met through that.
4. I'm afraid of the dark and keep my eyes closed until I turn the light on.
Absolutely TRUE! I have been scared of the dark my entire life. I honestly don't think, even at almost 30 years old, that is something I will EVER get over. I try NOT to instill that fear in my children, because it is irrational, I know. I know that there is nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light, but still, it freaks me out! :) And yes, if I walk into a pitch dark room and for some reaosn the light can't be turned on IMMEDIATELY, I keep my eyes closed until a light is on! :)

5. I'm the youngest of 4 children in my family.
Not true. I'm the youngest of two. My sister is 19 months older then me.

And now, for the Wordless-ish Wednesday...in honor of hubby and I talking about when we want to go on vacation this summer, a picture of Ocean City, Maryland at night that I took about 2 or 3 summers ago. Although we usually only go for a long weekend, I can't wait! It's our special family time and this year Mia is going to be so much fun! And of course Manuel just LOVES everything about it...the beach, the rides, the yummy food, etc. 

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, those were some good lies! :)
That would have been cool if you met your husband on a blind date! Ha ha.

Jackie said...

I could somehow picture you being afraid of the dark! ;)

And I had no clue you lived in SC for a while...were you close to Charleston?

Ocean City looks amazing!