Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snow DAZE

I woke up this morning to a few inches of snow on the ground...no biggie. My work NEVER closes (I think it's closed once in the 4.5 years I've worked here), and as long as Manuel's preschool is opened, then I'm heading to work. But something about this morning had me in a daze (over caffeinated, perhaps! :)) and I was out of it! If I didn't know any better, I would have thought I had pregnancy brain (but trust me, I don't! :)) Before I even pulled out of our neighborhood at 7am, I had...put my snow boots on the wrong feet, put an article of clothing on inside out, forgot to put shoes on Mia (she had socks on, thank goodness) and left my lunch in the refrigerator! It just one of THOSE mornings, that's for sure! :) Thankfully I'm at work, in one piece (boots on the correct feet ;)) and haven't made any work related errors. But I am STARVING because my lunch bag also contained my breakfast so I've been without food and it's 11am! I guess I'll be walking next door to Subway for a veggie flat bread sandwich for lunch. I HATE spending money on food unnecessarily when I have a perfectly good lunch waiting for me at home! :) Oh well, I guess I'll eat it tomorrow.

Do you ever have one of those days/mornings? I know we all do, but I really was going crazy this morning! ;)

On an even more random note...our vacation is booked for July! I haven't taken a week off work in YEARS (I wouldn't even be able to tell you when the last time was), so I'm super excited to go with Manny and the kiddos. Grant it, it's not exotic or super special, just our local beach resort town (about 3 hours away), but vacation is vacation in my book! :) Manny and I have been going ever since Manuel was born and it's just "our" family thing. We love it! We do everything touristy...Old Time photo, eat a TON, ride the rides, etc. I love my little family! :)

Now that you have read this, your day is complete, I'm sure! ;)

And for good measure...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

yay for vacations! so glad you guys get to take a trip. and cutest picture, ever - she is darling!