Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Monday!

Good Morning! :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I did :) I LOVE my new hair do! :) We had a great time on Saturday when my husband's co-worker and his wife came over for dinner. Tom and Linda were super nice, very down-to-Earth and incredibly amazing. They are in their mid-50's, give or take, and about 20 years ago they lost BOTH of their children, within 4 months of each other. They had an inherited disease (a type of muscular dystrophy). Their daughter died at the age of 4 and their son died 4 months later, at the age of 9 months. It was very bittersweet hearing this story, as they so lovingly played with Manuel and Mia! :) Sweet, amazing people! Then Sunday was church. Hubby had to work over time (the first time he's EVER worked on a Sunday!) Church was great, as always. Then we headed to the mall to meet my mom to pick out Mia's 1st Christmas dress! It's precious! My mom bought Manuel an argyle sweater vest (with the same colors in it as Mia's dress) and they are going to be SO precious on Christmas day! I don't know about you all, but I've always grown up with Christmas Eve is more "casual" and Christmas day is when you go all out. Mia will be wearing her holiday tutu and 1st Christmas onesie on Christmas Eve. Manuel will be wearing a red stripped shirt (and pants, of course :) Then Christmas they'll be all decked out! :) The crowds at the mall were insane, and quite rude, but you make the best of it. Tis the season! ;)

Mia's DMSA scan is in 10 days and anxiety is kicking back in! UGH! I just wish it would have happened last time it was scheduled. This would have been all behind us by now, and we could be FULLY in Christmas mode. With this looming in my mind, I just can't get 100% excited about Christmas. I know it sounds silly, but I'm scared to death about Mia "going under". ANYTHING can happen with general anesthesia and that scares me! Now that I know she has to be fully under, intubated then extubated, that scares me even more. I know it's all in God's hands, and I will just continue to pray.

And for good measure...
*Another shot from our Christmas photo shoot last month. I LOVE this pic! :) *

2 comments:

Mama4Real said...

Is there a picture of this new do???? :)

AmyLee said...

good luck! i am sorry it's keeping you from being in full holiday mode... i totally understand. it'll be past you soon!