Friday, December 17, 2010

Cookie Bake 2010

Every year the girls in my family (on my mom's side) get together and bake cookies. Some years we've gone "wild" ;) and made gingerbread houses but typically we stick with good ol' homemade cookies! :) This year we decided to do sugar cookies and then go crazy decorating them. This was Mia's first of MANY cookie bakes with the girls, and she really didn't do much, but still, it was fun just for her to be there. We started this tradition in 2003 and it's one of my favorite things about Christmas. Some of the cookies turn out awful (like the year I used 1/4 CUP of baking soda instead of 1/4 tsp! :) but that's what makes it fun and creates a ton of memories! My extended family is really close, so it's a very neat, special day for all of us.

Here are some pics...


Mia and I watching my sister decorate :)

My 80 year old grandmother (Nonna! :) She as Italian as they come. She moved to America when my mom was 7.
My cousin Megan (aka Megs :) Her dad (Uncle Craig attacked her with some batter! :)

Some of the finished products...you can tell which ones are mine, because they are the most basic. I have NO creativity in my body, AT ALL! :)




(L-R) Aunt Lucy, mom, Nonna, Megs, Amy (my sister, with my niece-to-be :), Mia and I

I had to crop all of us out of this pic because it was an "outake" :) but Mia just look too darn cute not to share!

4 comments:

Jeska said...

I love this tradition! I joined in with my hub's family three years or so ago. It's fun. And eating the cookies is fun too :)

Lindsay said...

What fun festive cookies :)

Jackie said...

We do a girls cookie day, too! I love those kinds of traditions :) and your cookies look sooo good!

melissa d. said...

mmm, now i really want a xmas cookie!