Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cancelled...

 *Post edit: and now she has a fever! :( I hope she gets better for her 1st Christmas!!!!!

If I wasn't the one going through this, and I was reading about it from someone else, who I didn't know in real life, I have to say, I may not believe them :) but for those of you following, Mia's scan has been canceled yet again! We were apprehensive about them even doing it because of a cough she's had, but the Radiology Nurse informed us that if she didn't have a fever and there was no wheezing to arrive at Hopkins as scheduled and the anesthesiologist would have to make the final call. So that was our plan. We got the kids up and ready (Manuel for school), and about 30 minutes before we were set to leave the house, the hubby and I stopped to pray, and told God we knew it was all in His hands, He'd be in control and if it wasn't meant to be (meaning the anesthesiologist would think it was too dangerous and her breathing would be compromised), then that was His will and we'd be fine with it. Not 10 minutes later I was getting ready to give Mia water (her cut off time for clear liquids was 8am) and she threw up ALL over me and all over herself!!!!! That is a clear sign to me that this was not meant to happen once again! Clearly God, for whatever reason, does not want this happening right now and we are okay with it. Hubby and I are off for the day, so I'll be snuggling my baby all day, while Hubby puts together Manuel's bike from Santa and Manuel enjoys his Christmas party at school! :)

As far as rescheduling it goes....realistically speaking it can't happen until February. There is just too much going on in January (including my husbands knee surgery which I'm taking off work for). It's clearly not a life threatening situation or else we'd get her in there ASAP.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'll let you know when it's been rescheduled once again!

Merry Christmas to all of you. Thank you for being such kind, supportive, friends (who I've never met! :)

And for good measure...

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love her dress!

And, all you can do is put it in Gods hands. He'll handle it the way it needs to be and when it needs done.

Enjoy your day snuggling with the baby! Merry Christmas!

Lindsay said...

She is getting so big. Merry Christmas momma!