Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas "fun"

I'm over my work day and REALLY ready for it to be 4:30. While reading some blogs, I came across this fun, Christmasy Q &A over at The Maynard Moment so I thought I'd do it too :)

-Have you started your Christmas shopping?
Yes! I only have one person left to buy for! :)

-Tell me about one of your special traditions.
Every Christmas Eve we go to my husbands grandmothers house around 3pm, then we head to my mom's house around 7pm. My mom give us (my sister and I) and our children Christmas pajama's (yes, still! :) Then on Christmas day we wake up, open gifts amongst our little family of 4, then head to my husbands mom's house for dinner (more like lunch), then head to my aunts house (where my mom, sis, nephew, etc.) are for dessert and more gifts! :)

-When do you put up your Tree?
The day after Thanksgiving, ALWAYS!

-Are you a Black Friday shopper?
NEVER!

-Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?
We do a lot of place-to-place, but it's all local

-What is your funniest Christmas memory?
Hmmm...I don't know that it's necessarily funny, but it's crazy that I actually remember...when my sister and I were little (maybe 3 & 5 or 4 & 6, somewhere around there) all wanted for Christmas was Cabbage Patch Dolls (it was "that" year when people went crazy over them!!!) and apparently my mom bought them WAYYYYY early, so come Christmas morning she forgot that she had bought them, and forgot to give them to us. The next day they were sitting under the tree, with a note from Santa, apologizing for forgetting to leave them on Christmas morning but he hopes we still like them! :)

-What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time?
Another toughie...I really like the Christmas movie they play on ABC Family, I think it's called Three Days (with Kristin Davis from Sex and the City). It's super sad, but I love it! And then of course your standard...Elf, Christmas Vacation, etc.

-Do you do your own Christmas Baking, what’s your favorite treat?
I never do any sort of cooking or baking, period! :) Unless its our annual family cookie bake (where all the girls in my family get together and make cookies (that are usually sub par! :) Oh, and that reminds me, I need to post pics from that day. We had it last Saturday! SOOOO much fun! :)

-Fake or Real Tree?
Fake

-Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
Yes, always! :)

-What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
My family is a blast, so when we all get together it's always a fun time. We laugh, play games, pick on each other :), etc.

-Christmas music. Yes or No, and if yes What is your favorite song?
YES! My favorite song is Noel or O' Holy Night

-When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
Probably next week

1 comment:

AMY said...

I'm a new follower! Love your answers to this and yesterdays Wee bit Wed.

Beautiful kids!

Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com