Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy 11 months Mia Grace

*Post-edit: I spoke too soon...I just felt inside Mia's mouth a few minutes ago, and sure enough, one of her bottom front is teeth is FINALLY coming in! It's about time! :) 

Mia Grace, today you are 11 months old! In exactly one month, you will be ONE! I really can't believe! I know every mommy says that (and I'm sure I was saying the same thing to your brother almost 5 years ago) BUT this time around, it REALLY flew by! I swear I was on maternity leave, um, yesterday! But apparently not. You are 11 months old. I love you SO much my sweet little girl. I can't wait to celebrate your very 1st Christmas a week from today. You are in to EVERYTHING so I have a feeling you'll actually enjoy ripping the wrapping paper! :) I love you baby!

You and your brother, a little over 11 months ago :)

Okay, now down to business...

-Nonna took you to the doctors on 12/10 because of a horrible cough you had (it ended up being nothing), but they weighed you (fully clothed) and you were 21 lbs. As far as your height goes, Mommy has no clue. But we’ll get an exact measurement at your appt next month.

- You started “real crawling” on Thanksgiving Day! Mommy, Daddy and Manuel were SO excited! I knew your physical therapist had come to realization that you may never crawl, but it’s for the best that you do. It works your muscles even more! :) You still continue to pull yourself up on everything. You are an expert at “cruising”! You haven’t taken any steps yet but if you want to get from the toy box to the sofas (at Linnie’s house) you just go for it and then fall and cry! :) Silly girl! :)

-You are in size 4 diapers and will be for a lot longer, assumedly :)

-You are primarily in 12-18 month clothing. Your Christmas dress is 12 months and absolutely adorable!

-You continue to spend your days at Linnie's while Mommy and Daddy are working. You are Linnie's baby and she loves you to pieces.

-At your last physical therapy appointment Mrs. Cindy said we can cut back to ONCE A MONTH! YAY!!! She'll just stop in once a month to make sure you are progressing and continuing to get stronger and stronger :)

-I had mentioned last month that I didn’t want to jinx myself by writing about how awesome you sleep, and I was right! :) You started randomly waking up in the middle of the night (only once). Sometimes you can be soothed by your “ninny” other times I bring you in bed (shhhh! Whatever works! :)) But then you’ll fall back asleep until your 5:30am-ish bottle, you fall asleep immediately after finishing that, and then Mommy wakes you up when it’s time to get ready for Linnie’s. (same as last month)

-You are still saying “Mama” and “Dada” to the correct parents now! :) (for the most part) I’ll tell you to say, “Please” and you’ll repeat the same noise, but it doesn’t sound ANYTHING like please! :) You’ve started using a lot more syllables…”gaaa”, etc. but other then “mama” and “dada” you don’t use any “real” words.

-You are still a pro at the sippy cup! It’s adorable and you LOVE your water! :) (same as last month). Hopefully your love of the sippy cup will make the transition from bottle to full time sippy cup will be easy BUT Mommy’s not holding her breath! :)

-You love your Stage 3 food, puffies and Cheerios. We’ve given you bites of “real” food (chicken, mashed potatoes, pancakes-no syrup, etc.) and you love it. I think you’ll be over baby food REALLY soon. If you see Mommy, Daddy and Manuel eating real food you don’t want anything to do with your baby food.

-You STILL don’t have a single tooth-NOT ONE! It’s really starting to worry Mommy, BUT as long as your pediatrician continues to think it’s okay, then I’ll be “okay” with it. If you don’t have any by your 12 month check-up then Mommy might freak out! :)You have been drooling a TON these last few days, so maybe it means something. Who knows? :)

-In regards to your kidney “issues”…you were SUPPOSED to have your DMSA scan on 11/23 but they cancelled it the night before because of your reflux. It is rescheduled for this Thursday, 12/23. You have to go under general anesthesia (intubated/extubated) which scares Mommy to death, but I know it’s all in God’s hands!

-Your personality has really blossomed lately. You constantly want to touch the Christmas tree. Mommy constantly is saying, “No-no Mia” and you look at me, stop for a second and then do it again! :) You are WAY more “curious” (That’s the nice way of saying ornery ;) then your brother ever was! :)

-You started giving kisses on 12/14. Mommy asked you to give me a kiss and you looked at me, with your mouth wide open, and leaned forward to “kiss” me :) You did it to Manuel and Daddy too. It is SO cute!

Okay, I think that's all for now. If Mommy thinks of anything, I'll do a post edit. I love you sweet girl! I love you bigger then the sky! ;)

No comments: