Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Please pray for Mia, "She's here!" and Merry Christmas...

Okay, that's A LOT rolled in to one, but this will probably be my last post for a few days, so here it goes...

First things first...Mia's DMSA scan is Thursday, December 23rd. Please pray for her. As I've said a million and one times I'm not so concerned about the results themselves (although I probably should be, for whatever reason I'm not) I'm just SO worried about her being put to sleep. I'm worried about how she'll handle the sedation, being intubated, being extubated, and all the points in between! :( I just don't want her to be scared at ANY point. I don't want her to freak out if they have to put the mask on her face (thinking about it literally puts me into panic mode because I'm so claustrophobic and I know I would FLIP out! Of course Mia is a different person, but still, I worry! :( So please pray for all of us. My hubby will be the one to go back with her and I'm sure he's being strong just for me, so please pray for hubby too! I will keep everyone posted as soon as we know something (which I imagine won't be until after the holidays!)

Now, on the exciting part. My sister, Amy and her hubby just welcomed (less then an hour ago), their second rainbow baby (I apologize if that is not the correct term, and only Spencer is considered the "rainbow baby"). Vivienne (pronounced Vivian) Michele was born about an hour ago. I'm not sure where Vivienne came from, but Michele is Amy's best friend who passed away from cancer in 1996 She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 19.5 inches long. She and my sister are doing well. Spencer is at daycare and probably has no clue how much his life is about change (he's only 15 1/2 months old :) We are very excited to welcome this adorable gift in to our family. Hopefully I'll have pics of her over the Christmas weekend, but I guess that all depends on whether or not my sister, her hubby and the kiddos venture out or not. Either way, I'll have pics soon!

Lastly, Merry Christmas from my family to yours. I appreciate each and every one of you who take the time to read my ramblings (usually about nothing! :) I hope you and your families have a WONDERFUL Christmas...

5 comments:

Jeska said...

Just try to stay strong for Mia.. she will likely follow your emotions. If she see's everything is okay with you she probably won't be as scared. And congrats on your new niece! Love the name! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Rachel said...

You can do it for Mia. It's amazing the strength that we are blessed with when we are faced with those challenging times. When my little Grace was 21 months she had surgery to correct an umbilical hernia that was getting caught -- she was labeled failure to thrive -- and it was so challenging. I just talked to her and explained everything to her even though she was so little. And I told her that it wouldn't feel great and that I would be praying for her the whole time. I also told her that I trusted the doctors.

When Samuel had surgery to remove the star that had gotten lodged in his throat (have you read that story on my blog? if not it's titled Starstuck and was written in June) I just held him, prayed, and told him how much I loved him. I also told him that I knew this was really hard, but it was important to have it done. He was 9 months old.

I'll be praying for you. She is blessed to have you as her mother.

Rachel

Ashley said...

Praying for your sweet baby girl! Love your cute Christmas card!

AmyLee said...

oh man, i can imagine why you're worried, but just have faith that everything will be ok & pray for calm nerves. i will be thinking of you guys!!

Hanna said...

Christina, my thoughts and prayers will be with you, Mia and your whole family! She is such a beautiful little girl and she will do great! Please let us know how it all goes. And have a Merry, Merry Christmas.

Hanna