Friday, June 3, 2011

Yay Friday!

Hello Friends! :)

It's Friday, in case you weren't aware ;) and I'm super excited! I just LOVE the weekends in the summertime...being with the fam, pool time, cookouts, birthday parties, etc. This weekend we are taking the kids to one of my best friends daughters 3rd birthday. It should be a blast! Then Sunday is church and I'm sure pool time. I'm excited! :)

So I did something pretty special yesterday (drum roll please)...

I turned 30! Yep, yesterday was my 30th birthday. I had a great day. I came into work to my desk decorated, balloons and a super delicious cake. It was a beautiful day here in Maryland so I checked out of work a bit early, went to pick Mia up and headed home to meet the boys (aka Manny and Manuel). We relaxed, ate dinner and then Nonna and Poppy (my mom and stepdad) came over for more cake and more "Happy Birthday" :) Another part about yesterday that made it SO special was that one of my best friends Kelli, had her 3rd baby, a little boy. She is an u/s tech and has kept it a secret the entire 10 months what she was having (even from her husband and children. They didn't want to know!) How in the world she did it, I have no clue! I was going to go and visit them yesterday at the hospital, she was pretty tired, so I hope to meet him this weekend. Either way, I thought it was super special that he was born on my birthday! :)
I welcome 30 with open arms! I am happily married, I have two beautiful children and as the song goes, "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride." (Gary Allan-it's a country song) And that basically sums up my first 30 years...there have been some amazingly wonderful times, there have been some trying times that I thought I may never get through, but here I am today, at 30 years old, happy, healthy, and blessed beyond measure by God! I am SO thankful and SO blessed!

I hope everyone is doing well :) Have a fabulous weekend!

And for good measure...
In honor of my birthday, and old picture of yours truly (center), my sister, Amy (left) and my cousin Tanya (right). I was the chubby ballerina on stage who would just stand there and cry the whole time! :)

5 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Happy Birthday!!! You were so cute! At my daughter's last recital there was a little crier and she stole the show!

Jackie said...

Happy 30 years, Christina! Have a great weekend with your family!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness I love the picture! You look like the star of the show! Happy Birthday! Hope that 30 brings you much happiness! (And how cool to have your friend's son born on your bday!)

sara said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad you had a good day and happy to have another June baby around (I'm the 13th). Go geminis! :)

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday BeautifuL!