Wednesday, June 8, 2011

400th post: Me

Happy Wednesday Friends! :)
This post is #400 for my little ol' blog. FOUR HUNDRED POSTS!?!?! About what? Well, it all started on 11/18/08 when I wrote a post title, "Really? Am I a blogger?" (that's original, huh? ;) I started my blog, in all honesty, so that when I commented on other blogs, people could click on my name and see that I am normal, down to Earth, wife and mommy, and I wasn't some weirdo, stranger stalker commenting on their blog ;) And now look at me, 400 posts later about life. Some have been super interesting, honest, raw and emotional. Other posts have been pointless (to others :)). There have been celebrated milestones with my children and husband. There have been moments of sadness and hurt. It's pretty neat, to me, that I can go back and read about random days, thoughts, and memories. I hope that one day my children will read this and see how much they were loved, thought about and doted upon :)

In honor of my 400th post, I'm going to "celebrate" me, and get honest about me, personally. I've opened up about my dad. I've opened up about my husband. I've shared tid bits about me personally, but nothing super in depth. So here's a bit about me and my weight struggle...

I'm overweight. Plain and simple. I've never been small, EVER! I was a normal sized child up until about 2nd grade and then it all went downhill from there. My senior year of high school I sort of "slimmed down" (I'm sure the drugs had something to do with that), and even though I looked good, wore a normal size, and felt okay about myself, according to medical standards I was overweight. I wouldn't dare put numbers on here as far as how much I weigh (a HUGE kudos to those of you that do! I am in awe! No one knows how much I weigh. I actually made my husband step out of the room when I was in labor with Manuel and the nurse was asking me how much I weighed. No lie! :)) But anywho, I stayed "skinny for me" up until I got pregnant with Manuel in 2005. I gained 41 lbs with Manuel and stayed pretty big until I started to work out, eat right, lost weight, and got down 5 lbs shy of my pre-Manuel weight and then it happened...I got pregnant with Mia! :)) I gained only 24 lbs with Mia and was very proud of myself for that. Needless to say, the weight came off much easier (because there was much less to lose) and I sit here today, again, just about 5 lbs shy of my pre-Manuel weight. Again, still considered obese, according to medical standards, but normal and "good" according to my (and most peoples) standards. I get up an extra 30+ minutes every day to work out (well that's a lie, not every day, but typically Monday-Friday). For a long time I was doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (for all of you Mommy bloggers doing that challenge, IT WORKS! Keep with it!) That got old after awhile, so I started doing OnDemand workouts that our cable company offers on "Fitness TV". And don't get me wrong, it made me feel good that I was doing SOMETHING, but I wasn't pushing myself like I did with Jillian and was at a total stand still. So, what did I decide to start this morning...running (or, more likely considered jogging). I've ALWAYS wanted to run, honestly. After seeing several seasons of Biggest Loser where 400+ lbs people are running MARATHONS, it inspired me to want to run. I never put thought to action though, until today. I woke up at 5am, put on my running shoes, grabbed my "protection device" ;) (I'm a HUGE scaredy cat! :)) and honestly was more worried about getting attacked by a murderer, than the act of running ;)) and started....at first I did a brisk walk for about a minute, and then jogged a huge chunk of my route, walked for about another minute, and then jogged the rest of it, until my door step! :) I'm pretty proud of myself. I hope I keep up with it. I have a ton of support from friends on Facebook who are avid runners (as in they run marathons) so hopefully one day, that'll be me. Running a marathon is actually on my bucket list. I'm excited to see how each day I get more and more "comfortable" with it, and how I'll slowly be able to go for longer stretches. Yes, I'm excited about running! :)

I feel like now that I've Facebook'd about it, and posted it here, it's going to help me be held accountable.

I'd love to lose these last 5 lbs AND MORE! Maybe jogging will give me that jump start I need. I feel "okay" about myself, but I'd love to feel GREAT about myself! :)

I'll keep you posted!

Here's to 400 more! :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on the 400 posts! And congrats on the running -- there is such determination in running. And you did it!

Jackie said...

Go Christina Go!

I think you look fabulous, and hope one day you feel fabulous too! :)

sara said...

Congrats on the 400 and on the running. Both are awesome accomplishments!

Lindsay said...

COngrats girly! Keep it up :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Hooray for 400! I've always thought you look fabulous too.

I'm not doing it now, but jogging has always been the fastest way for me when I want to take off some pounds. Though I am a lazy jogger. I jog slower than most people walk! Good luck with your goals.
I'm curious, what's your "protection device?" Pepper spray? I get over-anxious about being out by myself too.

Amanda said...

Your newest follower here! I found you on the mom pledge. 400 posts is awesome! I love finding other down to earth mothers, wives and people in general, it makes me feel not alone. I am in the same boat weight-wise. I am healthy and normal weigh by society standards, but by medical standards I am over weight. I was doing really good until I had my daughter. It really bugs me, but I'm working out though I am also finding myself at a stand still. It's nice to find someone else who understands.

Amanda
If you have a chance come check out my adventures @ http://talesfromamother.blogspot.com/