Saturday, June 11, 2011

We're going to the chapel...

And we're gonna get married! :) Yesterday, June 10th, one of my best friends from high school got married. I woke up, VERY sick (I found out today I have bronchitis which I'm now on an inhaler and steroids for), but of course I put on my happy face, knew that I needed to just suck it up, and put a smile on my face for her big day, and that's what I did. It was such a fun, beautiful wedding. Mary has her own unique, individual style and the wedding fit her perfectly. She was a gorgeous bride! The ceremony was outside, and they were calling for thunderstorms....we started the ceremony a bit early because it looked like it was going POUR! During the entire service it was thundering and the second (and literallly I am second) the ceremony was over and we stepped on the covered back porch of the mansion, it started to pour down buckets of rain. Everyone couldn't get over how we JUST made it! :) Then the mansion lost power and it was H-O-T! (low 90's and humid) but we all made the best of it. The mansion did not have a generator on site so we ate dinner by candlelight (which was pretty neat AND HOT! ;)) Then eventually the staff got a generator on site, and then not too long after the power came back on. Other than that small ;) issue everything went off perfectly. We all danced, sang and partied the night away. Here are a TON of pics from the beautiful day :)

 The matron of honor, Dr. Read and I (one of my best friends in the world!)
 The bride getting her hair done
 Me, Veronica, Tara and I
 Gina and I
 Mar getting her dress on
 Mar and I
 A candid shot of Mary on the way to the wedding...she didn't know I took this and I LOVE it! :)
 My shot from the mirror on the roof of the limo bus :)
Tara, Mar and Selina
 Dancing
 Mar and my hubby :)

 The bride and her dad
 The groom and his mom
My hubby and Veronica, my friend for 22 years :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

You look SO pretty sweet girl! :)

Jackie said...

What a lovely wedding. You look beautiful, Christina!

Hope you feel better soon!

Heather said...

Hope you feel better soon! You look great! :)