Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day weekend

Happy Memorial Day! I pray that you took a moment to remember what this holiday is all about (and not just a day off work!) So many sacrifices made, so many lives lost! Thank you to everyone, past and present, who has served!

Now, on a lighter note...
I'm feeling better, thankfully! Still not 100% but definitely on the mend! I went out on Saturday for my friends bachelorette party (she is getting married 6/10/11 and I'm in the wedding). It made me realize a few things...some people never grow up, I love my life and my little family, and I'm not "hip" with the times! :) I love my friends, but it's quite obvious a handful of them are nearing 30 (some of them already are 30) and still choose to act like they are 21 (to each her own, I suppose! :)) Although it was fun to get out with my girlfriends, there is NO where I'd rather be than in the company of Manny, Manuel and Mia. The Maid of Honor (a VERY dear friend of mine) made a CD for us to listen to in the limo, and I honestly knew, MAYBE 3 songs on the entire CD. I didn't realize it, but I suppose the only type of music I ever really listen to is Christian. Oh well, I LOVE my Christian music! :) I, by no means, think I am better than anyone else, or "holier than thou" but it just made me notice that I'm me, and the me I am now, is not the me I used to be. Call it grown up, call it more religious, call it what you will, but either way, I'm happy with me! :)

Then Sunday we went to my aunt and uncle's for a cookout (Manuel was at a friends birthday party with Manny for the first few hours, that's why there is a TON of pics of Mia, and not many of Manuel :)) It's ALWAYS a wonderful time when I'm around my family. And who doesn't look some good ol' cookout food!?!?! I do! :) And I probably ate enough this weekend to gain 10 lbs! ;) Back to the grind tomorrow....working out, work, and real life! (and turning 30 on Thursday, WOO HOOO!!! :))

And for good measure (A LOT of pics from the weekend!)

 My niece, Vivienne, Uncle Vince and Mia


 Mia and Spencer (her cousin)
 Manuel and Spencer (I'm typically not a fan of character clothing (no offense to anyone who is, it's just not something I prefer on my children) but my Uncle bought this for Manuel and he loved it, so I caved! ;))
 Poppy, Uncle Vince and Mia
 Manuel playing catch with the guys :)
 He was the catcher :)


Happy Memorial Day Friends! :)

4 comments:

Shell said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

I feel old anytime I end up out with people like that!

Lindsay said...

What a fun weekend spent perfectly! HUGS

Jackie said...

I'm pretty sure that Mia is the best dressed little girl EVER! So sweet.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Courtney B said...

Love the pictures!! Looks and sounds like you had a great weekend :) I hope you're feeling totally better now!
And I agree...some people NEVER grow up!