Monday, May 2, 2011

My sister, Amy and her husband Mike

Hang in there as I promise to be posting lots of adorable pics soon (yes, FROM EASTER! :)), but I'm still super busy at work and don't have much time for blogging! (Yes, this is the same job that I was in jeopardy of losing about 2 weeks ago. When I was told that I would be staying as a full-time employee I was also told that I would be taking on more responsibilities (which of course I was fine with and completely grateful for!) So needless to say while I'm doing my "old job" and learning how to fund the entire companies loans, it's been VERY busy! :)) But I promise I'll be back! I still read all of my favorites and comment as often as I can! :)

But I have to write today to please ask for your prayers for my sister and BIL. May is a month of very sad anniversaries for my sister and her husband and they could really use prayers all month long...

May is the month that my BIL's mom died. She died in a house fire many years ago (I'd guess about 15 or so years ago, although I'm certain of the exact year). May is also the month, on May 13th 1996, my sisters best friend, Michele, died of cancer at the age of 18. When my sister and Mike met they decided that they would get married in May to take May from a historically sad month to a month with a little bit of happiness in it. They married on May 7th, 2006. Unfortunately the mind set of trying to make May a "happy month" would change two years later when on May 6, 2008 my sister gave birth to my nephews Mateo, Ian and Anthony. Mateo was born sleeping and Anthony passed away shortly after birth in my arms, and the next day, May 7th, my sisters second wedding anniversary Ian passed away. Fast forward one year and on May 15, 2009 our dad died at the age of 59, a very sudden death. That is A LOT of sadness in one month for my sister and her husband. Although it all happened in different years that is loss of parents, children, and a best friend all in the same month. Sometimes I can't even begin to wrap my brain around all of it! :( Please pray for them. Pray for their hearts to be comforted. Although NOTHING will EVER take away their pain of losing our dad, Mike's mom, Amy's best friend and their 3 little boys, I just pray that they have a teeny tiny bit of peace.

Thank you friends! :)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I cannot even imagine the heartbreak that comes with losing 3precious babies. Thinking of your sister and her family this month.

Diane said...

That is a lot of sadness for one month. May God grant them the strength to get through it. Said a prayer for them.

Lindsay said...

May is a hard month for me too. And its my BIRTHDAY AHHHHH! :) Ill keep your family in my prayers :)