Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ocean City Day #1

As I mentioned yesterday, our vacation was awesome (and apparently, from the number I saw on the scale this morning, I REALLY enjoyed the food! ;) UGH! But really, isn't one of the most enjoyable parts about vacation the food!?!! :)) I just really need to up my walking/running starting on Monday, get back to my healthy(ier) eating habits.

I'm going to break my pics up over 4 days because I doubt anyone would look at 200 pics in ONE post! ;)

We couldn't check in to our condo until 3pm, so we hit the road late morning, and arrived in Ocean City around 1pm. We stopped at one of our favorite places, Seacrets for lunch. Seacrets was a hot spot in our younger partying days, but it also makes for a fun, beachy, family lunch! :) We then checked in to our condo, got in our bathing suits and started to explore the condo building (indoor and outdoor pool, pool bar, arcade, shuffle board, tennis, private beach and lots more!) Then we ate dinner and headed to the boardwalk for some fun and rides! :) Manuel and Mia LOVED the rides. Manuel was so good about riding things with Mia that might have been a bit "babyish" for him. The boardwalk has a ton of arcades and rides, but our favorite was the indoor rides. The park, Trimpers Rides is over 100 years old, and has a very historic feel. The rides are very "antiquey" looking (but safe! ;)). It was a great first day!
Beach bound! :)
 Lunch at Seacrets

 Manuel was given specific instructions that his peace sign was NOT to be in every picture I took of him! ;)
Watching the birds and the bay while we waited for our lunch
 This was around 5pm, the view from our balcony
 The pool bar (from our balcony)

 The view from the 22nd floor (where the indoor pool was located)
 Patiently waiting to head out and explore the pool and beach

 This pic cracks me up! And yes, this is accurately sums up my children! ;)

 Enjoying a lemonade slushie (for a child who drinks only water (and milk), this was a very special treat! She LOVED it! :)


 I promise this is NOT in every picture! ;)
 Heading to the boardwalk





 The old time ticket booth...I made Manny get inside and act like he worked there! ;) Yes, I'm "that person" on vacation! ;)

Day #1 was a success! :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, what a sweet happy family! So glad ya'll had a wonderful time.

Courtney B said...

I love love LOVE your pictures! Oh I'm so craving the beach right now! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Jeska said...

Loving the photos of family time :) Fun! Seacrets is an awesome place! I love OC, just wish it wasn't so darn expensive to stay there!!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Your pictures are all fabulous. You don't mind me living vicariously through you I hope. My daughter is also fond of making peace signs for pictures.

And I love that last photo--you can tell it's been a great day!