Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Birthday America! What a day of celebration, reflection, and hopefully honoring those that are serving/have served our country!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful day! It is almost 9pm here and yes, this family is settled in for the night...no fireworks for us. With two little ones AND work tomorrow, it just wasn't feasible. But that's okay, we saw them at my sisters house on Saturday, so heck, it's better than nothing! :)

I took a million and one pics this weekend/today, so I'll be posting them over the course of the week, but for now, a few of my favs...
 Being silly...the crabs before my Uncle steamed them :) (we're in my aunt and uncle garage, not a hoarders house, I promise! :))

 My sweet hubby reaping the rewards of his crabbing adventure :)
 All American Girl
 All American Boy
 My mom's homemade blueberry cheesecake
 4th of July isn't complete without a game of "Viking Dressup" ;)
I'm not sure where he learned the "Put up a peace sign in every picture" but it's his new thing, UGH! ;)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Love your pics! That cheesecake looks amazing!!

No fireworks for us tonight either...we tried some over the weekend, but Isla was terrified. Maybe next year!

Dottie said...

Cute pictures!! Your kids are so adorable!

Ewwe to the crabs! Yikes, I would have cried. LOL!

That cheesecake is making me hungry!!!

In this wonderful life... said...

glad you guys had a good weekend! that cheesecake does look so yummy!