Monday, July 11, 2011

Judgements

Good Morning and Happy Monday Everyone! :)

I'm not quite feeling so chipper today, as A) it's Monday and B) the last 3 nights Mia has slept horribly! She wakes up, and doesn't just wake up, but wakes up screaming her little head off. She wants to come in bed with us, but I don't want to go down that road. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some horrible, awful monster mommy who doesn't want to comfort her, BUT, truth be told, it was only a few months ago that Mia started falling asleep in her crib and NOT in our (mine or Manny's) arms!!! She is quite quick to "jump" at any opportunity to go back to her old ways ;), so I have to stand strong! :) Of course I make sure she's dry, fed, etc. but anywho, trying to be strong and not give in, on Saturday night, for example, led to a 11:40pm-2:10am episode of no sleep for she and I. UGH! Friday night and Sunday night were bad too, but not quite as awful as Saturday. I'm guessing that she's getting more teeth, but what do I know, I'm just her mother! ;)

But, on a lighter note, we leave for the beach in exactly one week from today. We are going from Monday-Friday, and althought that might "just" be 4 nights and 5 days to some of you, this is the longest family vacation we've ever been on (since Manny and I have been together). We normally only go for a long weekend, due to finances, work schedules, etc. but this year, Manny and I have worked really hard, and we deserve it (So do the kids). We are VERY excited! :)

Okay, back to the point of this post...before I became a mother and wife, I was quite judgemental. I'm not proud to admit that, but it's the truth. I judged you for what you were wearing (even though I had NO business doing that because honestly, I am the least fashion-savy person you will EVER meet!), I judged you for the way your children were acting in public, I even judged you, on the RARE occasion that I went to church, if you were one of "those people" that raised your hand in the air in praise during worship. Awful, I know, but I've come leaps and bounds since those days. I am now "that person" wearing the not most fashionable attire. I am "that person" who's child is throwing a massive tantrum in public. And I am most certainly "that person" that raises their hand in church, in praise and worship. We are Baptist and attend our churches contemporary services. The first 15-20 minutes of service is our praise team (along with the congregation) singing contemporary Christian songs. I absolutely love it! I primarily listen to Christian music, so it's right up my alley. It took several months for me to overcome my "fear" of what people would think if I started raising my hand in praise, but eventually I did it, and now I don't care :) Don't get me wrong, I don't do it all through every song, but when I'm feeling it ;) I do it. I MAY even do it sometimes in the car. Okay, scratch that, I do do it in the car sometimes, and now, Mias has started doing it too. It's the funniest/sweetest thing, because she ONLY does it during Christian songs, as if she thinks to herself, "Hey, this is a worship song, I need to praise God!" We were at a stop light this morning, and I caught it on my cell phone camera....

The sun was shining through the back window, so I apologize for the EXTRA poor quality. But it was just too cute not to share.

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend! :)

4 comments:

LisaAnne said...

So cute! Sorry you aren't getting sleep. That stinks!

I remember praying for just a few uninterrupted hours of sleep when my kids were little.

Hopefully this phase passes quickly.

Courtney B said...

Oooh yuck!! I hope you AND Mia are able to get more sleep tonight!
And that is the cutest picture!
I've been pretty good about not judging people for most of my life. I just have to remember now that our friends and siblings are having kids to not say "our kids will NEVER do that" haha. We're pretty bad about that (especially with our niece and nephews. But alot of their actions come from the lack of parenting, so we really mean it towards our siblings, not the kids. haha!) but I know our kids will be so awful if we keep throwing that out there :)

Jackie said...

I hope you and Mia start getting some sleep soon!

What a sweet little picture!

Lindsay said...

OMG welcome to my world. Landyn has ALWAYS been a great sleeper and the past few days, she REFUSES to sleep...nap and NIGHT UGGH Hang in there girly!