Wednesday, March 30, 2011

NOT Wordless Wednesday

Happy Wednesday Everyone! My husband does not read my blog, but I feel I still "owe" him kudos on this day! :) (BTW...the reason why he doesn't read my blog is because he doesn't know the link to it. He knows I write a blog. He knows I share stories/pictures/etc. on here. But I have not shared the link with him (or anyone that I know IRL (in real life) for that matter) because I'm scared that if I knew that people who I know IRL read this, I might not be as open and forth coming as I am! :) Weird? Perhaps, but either way, that's how I feel! :)

Today is my 5th wedding anniversary and I couldn't be more happy! It is no secret that I love my husband! And it is also not a secret that things have NOT been easy for us in the five years that we have been married. BUT I can type here today and say that I love him more than I EVER have and I truly can not imagine my life without him. His life is an amazing example of what God can do. Our marriage is an awesome example of the power of forgiveness. Our children are a beautiful example of the power of prayer, and the wonderful combination of God, forgiveness, love, hope, transformation, the ability to change and SO much more! Trust me, it's not been an easy journey here, by ANY.STRETCH.OF.THE.IMAGINATION but I stand firm in my belief that God did this. God stitched every single part of this plan that we live day in and day out and I am blessed.

About a week ago (because we can NEVER keep surprises from one another! :)) Manny gave me my beautiful anniversary gift (diamond earrings) so I wasn't expecting much today (OBVIOUSLY! :)) except for a card...I came into work today to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers sitting at my desk. Manny (and Manuel) had hand delivered them so they'd be waiting for me when I came in (Manny had to pick up a job for his work, by my work, so they dropped them off. I had NO clue and was SO surprised! :))
He said I may or may not have more surprises coming! ;) We shall see! :)

And for good measure, two of my favorite shots of Manny and I (these have been posted before)...

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jackie said...

Happy 5 year anniversary! Diamond earrings and flowers?! You're a lucky girl! :)

Romance In A Glance said...

How romantic and how sweet. Hope you have a beautiful day! Happy Anniversary!!!

Would love to have you over at
Romance In A Glance,
Savy

sara said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Courtney B said...

Oooo happy anniversary! You totally deserve to be spoiled so good for him! :)
My husband doesn't care to read my blog haha. Sometime's I sit him down and make him read something to make sure it's ok or whatever. Haha!

Misty said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!!!

My husband does read my blog either....unless I force him to read it.

Jeska said...

Aww what a sweet post! Happy Anniversary!!!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Happy anniversary! And, I've got you up in my blog directory. :) http://thepapermama.blogspot.com/p/dl.html

Laura Darling said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary!