Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hubby's 30th


Collage I made for my hubby ***






***The picture of him in the center of the collage, making an AWFUL face is priceless. Here's the story...every year the women in my family get together to make cookies. Needless to say I am NOT Betty Crocker or anything remotely close to it! :) The cookies I made called for baking soda, 1/4 tsp to be exact, and I put in 1/4 CUP! I didn't make my hubby aware of this and photographed his reaction to my DELICIOUS (sarcasm! :) cookies! :) ***

My husband turns 30 on June 26th. We will be soaking up some sun at the beach (with our kiddos), so I decided to throw him a surprise 30th birthday party. Now, if you knew my husband (and me) you would understand that this a HUGE undertaking! He catches on to EVERYTHING, and we can never surprise each other. We are like two little kids when it comes to surprises and secrets! :) Our first Christmas together I think we opened our gifts from each other 10 days early because we just couldn't wait! :) So yeah, this idea of a surprise party was going to be tricky, but I was up for the challenge! I came up with the idea of telling him that we were going to be going to my mom's house for an early Fathers Day cookout (to "celebrate" my stepdad). He bought it, hook, line and sinker. And boy oh boy was he surprised....he even cried. I mean he would NEVER do that! ;) My husband has SOOO much to be proud of at the age of 30. He spent a huge portion of his life not honoring God, not honoring himself, and just not making the best choices AT ALL. He decided to turn his life around, live for God, live to be a role model to his children and I really couldn't be more proud of him. Manny, I love you! (not that you'll EVER read this because you don't know it exists, but just know that I do! :)





















No comments: