Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! As Spring approaches (well actually Spring is here BUT you wouldn't know it by the 31 degrees I woke up to this morning! :)) but this time of year means busy, busy, busy for the Gomez family. Pretty much we "run" (not literally, of course! ;) from now until late summer, which is normally fine by me, but sometimes you just want to sit and smell the roses, so to speak :) But since this season of busyness is just now starting, I'm still okay with it! :)

And so it began...the 30th birthday parties. These first few months of 2011 myself and the majority of my closest friends will be turning the big 3-0. I have NO reservations about it...I honestly couldn't be happier where I am in my life and have SO much to be proud of. I have an amazingly wonderful family, a relatively successful career (although that could change at any moment, but we'll take it for today! :)) So I'm not one of those people dreading the big 3-0. One of my oldest and dearest friends turned 30 on Saturday. She is 8 months prego, so she wasn't up for any mass celebration, but we did manage to enjoy a nice surprise party dinner at Liberatore's. Manny stayed home with the kiddos (sometimes it's just not worth it to get a sitter, especially for a few hours). I enjoyed a delicious dinner with Kelli and some of our friends. Of course I spent most of my time talking about the kids (isn't that how it always is?) AND I didn't take a single picture :(

Then yesterday was church and teaching Sunday school. And then Mia and I headed to my friend Mary's wedding shower. Mary is getting married on June 10th and I am one of her bridesmaids. I take any opportunity I have to bring Mia along since my time is SO limited with her Monday-Friday. I asked Mary if she would mind if Mia came (it wasn't a surprise shower), and of course she said no. Obviously I would have brought Manuel too, BUT spending time with Daddy is WAY more fun than spending time with a bunch of girls! :) I'm not a fan of doing much on Sundays (other than church). I usually just like to relax at home with my hubby and kiddos, but Sunday was the only date all the bridesmaids were available (and actually still, one of them wasn't able to make it). Mary got a lot of wonderful stuff, and again, fun was had by all! :) I did take a few pictures there, but only of Mia and Seraphina (the Maid of Honor's daughter, who happens to be one of my best friends. She's an anesthesiologist. I am SO proud to call her a friend! :)) But anyway, I only took pictures of the kiddos and a self portrait of Mia and I :)

Now, here it is Monday, and I'm exhausted from a busy weekend, but I am SO blessed to have so many amazing friends in my life, all of whom I've been friends with since high school (and before).

Lots more showers, 30th birthday parties, 1st birthday parties, weddings, etc. coming up over the next few months. But let's not forget a VERY special 5th wedding anniversary on Wednesday....MINE! :) I'll definitely be doing a post about my wonderful husband and our marriage.

Oops, I almost forgot...

And for good measure...
 Mia and Seraphina (best friends forever, they just don't know it yet! ;))
 "Hmmm, I don't know about her?" :)
Being cute (what's new? ;))
Mommy and Mia self portrait

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I can't get over Mia's outfit...it is soooo adorable! :)

sara said...

I have no idea why, but my reader has been dropping blogs...stupid reader. So I'm trying again...

Mia looks beyond adorable, love that outfit!!