Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy 14 months Mia Grace

Mia turned 14 months yesterday, but I was participating in the Day of Blog Silence for Japan, so that's why this is getting posted a day late! :)

I think next month, when Mia turns 15 months, I am going to stop doing the monthly updates. I mean, lets be honest, it might start getting to be a bit much! ;) (not for me to do, but meaning a bit overboard! :)) So I'll do it on "milestone" months...18 months, 24 months, (or maybe not quite so much time in between because that seems extreme too! :)) Either way, it won't be every month. Now, with that out of the way....

What are you up to these days...

-Mommy took you to see Dr. K (your pediatrician) on Tuesday, the 15th, for a follow-up to your pneumonia and you weighed 23 lbs 1 oz. You used to be SO good at the doctors...getting weighed with no issues, getting your temp taken with no issues, etc. but unfortunately you've been traumatized (by the DMSA scan) and now you flip out about everything. It is SO sad! :( Mommy tried to tell you it would be okay, but you weren't buying it. Poor baby! :( In time, I know you'll forget it, but still, it breaks my heart. As far as your height goes, Mommy isn't sure (and you won't stand still so I can measure you! :)) but we'll find out in May when you go for your next well child check-up.

-You have REALLY gotten good at walking. Last time Mommy posted you preferred crawling, but not anymore. You are a lady on a mission and get where you need to be via your chubby little legs! :)

-You are still in size 4 diapers.

-You are wearing mostly 18 month clothes All of your Spring stuff is 18 months and is a tad big, but come time for you to actually wear it on a regular basis (once the temps get warm and stay warm) I know they'll fit you perfectly! :)

-You continue to spend your days at Linnie's while Mommy and Daddy are working. You LOVE it there and that makes my heart so happy! Of course I'd love it if Mommy could work part time and spend more time with you (and Manuel! :)) but that's not a possibility right now, so I'm glad you have someone who takes SUCH amazing care of you! :)

-You managed to climb up about 5 or 6 stairs the other day before your brother screamed and alerted us to the fact that you were climbing the stairs! TOTAL MOMMY/DADDY FAIL! I don't know how we forgot to make sure the gate was up.

-You are back to sleeping through the night, for the most part :)

-You STILL only have two teeth. I asked my dentist a few weeks ago at what age we should start worrying about the number of teeth you have. She said, "Oh, it's nothing to worry about right now. We typically wouldn't start worrying until about 2 or 3." Sheewwwww! :)

-You are a chatter box, that's for sure! :) You love "talking". You have several words that we understand, "Mama", "Dada", "Gaga" (thats what you call Cheerios! :)), "Rara" (what you call Robert, Linnie's son), "Go", and "Bye" (there are more, I'm sure, that I'm forgetting).

-You can point to your ears, hair, teeth, and belly when asked.

-I'm still amazed at how easily you transitioned off the bottle on your 1st birthday. You are still going strong :) and drinking your milk from a sippy cup with no issues. And you still LOVE your water!

-You still eat baby food, Stage 3, along with "real" food. (which the dentist said is great because although you can "gum" food, if it's not chewed then it's easily digestible (is that a word?) and can cause gas, indigestion, etc. which you already have issues with. So yes, you are a 14 month old who still eats baby food! :) But that's okay.

-You are HILARIOUS! You keep us on our toes and laughing constantly. But oh boy are you getting a stubborn streak in you! :) You are in a throwing fit stage (head back, arching your back, the whole nine yards!) I know it's just a stage, so I try to remain patient with you! :)

-You love giving hugs and kisses to your daddy and brother. Your new thing, when Mommy asks you for a kiss, is to shake your head no over and over again and smile! You little stinker! :)
I love you my sweet baby girl!

And for good measure (pics from our St. Pattys Day photo shoot! :)
 Manuel's serious face ;)
 This would be PERFECT if it wasn't blurry!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE her festive outfit. Happy 14 months to your sweet girl!

Jackie said...

Mia's hair is getting so long...I love it! :) Cute pics!