Thursday, March 24, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

I posted this on Facebook yesterday but since this blog has become a journal/baby book/place to jot down my memories :) I have to share this:

Last night was Pizza Hut night at Manuel's school (meaning we would go to Pizza Hut to eat and a percentage of the cost of our bill would go to Manuel's preschool). So we got, eat some delicious pizza and get in the car to head home, and of course, it's POURING down rain. I'm slowly driving along and have to stop as an ambulance goes speeding by us, then this conversation unfolds (there might be SLIGHT paraphrasing as I don't remember the EXACT words that came from his mouth):

Manuel: "Pray Mommy!"

Me: "What bud?"

Manuel: "Pray for those people that the ambulance is going to help. Every time an ambulance passes Daddy and I he tells me that we need to pray, so we do."

And then we prayed for those people.

I teared up. I find it SO amazing that my husband is raising my son to be such a good, well rounded person who is comfortable with prayer, knowing God, etc. I have no doubt that my husband will be a HUGE influence in Manuel's life (and Mia's too) and raise him (with my help, of course :)) to be a great person and one day husband and father. This is huge for me! Manny did not have a good role model growing up as to how to be a good person, specifically husband and father, should be. And actually, if I really think about, he had no good male role models in his life (he had a grandfather who I hear was pretty special but he passed away when Manny was relatively young). So the fact that my husband has already done so much in Manuel's life (and he's only 5) makes me so hopeful and excited to see the person we raise Manuel to be! :) One more reason why I believe the cycle of addiction has stopped with my children! I'm telling ya people it is a truly humbling, amazing thing to see God's grace EVERY SINGLE DAY in my reflection, in the eyes of my children and most wonderfully in the eyes of my husband!

And then a sweet thing Manuel said the other night at the dinner table...

I asked him what he loved about Mia and his response was so sweet:

"Well for 1, she's cute. And two, I love how she screams*. And for 3, she gives me hugs. And four, she has earrings."

*Mia started screaming at the top of her lungs a few weeks back (not in a fit throwing sense, just this high pitched, loud, happy scream and we made the mistake of laughing (because it was HILARIOUS!) and now she does it ALL.THE.TIME to make us laugh! :))

Happy Thursday Everyone! I hope you are having a great week!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Too cute!!!! Somebody LOVES his little sister.

Courtney B said...

Oooooh so sweet!! It's is SO important to teach kids these lessons because they really do understand! Your son just proved it :)
So cute!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE this. What a sweet thing to do!