Monday, August 29, 2011

We're here and safe!

Sorry that I haven't posted since Saturday friends, it's been a crazy few days! :) We only lost power for a few hours on Sunday morning, but driving has been pretty troublesome due to down trees, wires, etc. Several friends of mine are going on 50+ hours without electric, and to add insult to injury...MANUEL HASN'T STARTED SCHOOL YET!!!! My baby was set to start Kindergarten today. We would go in, meet his teacher around 10am, have an individual conference, get all of his school supplies set up at his desk, get him acclimated to everything, and then that would be that. Unfortunately, with school being cancelled today (there are about 60some schools in our county still without power), the conference was cancelled (his teacher called me for a phone chat, so that was nice, but not NEARLY as comforting as an actual face-to-face meeting!) They weren't rescheduling them, they were just cancelled. So then I spent all day worrying about how he had to get on the school bus tomorrow, and cried about it pretty much all day, only to find out that school is cancelled AGAIN tomorrow. This whole starting Kindergarten business is WAY too draining for this Momma! ;) I just need to get it over with so I can get my sobbing out and move forward! :) Keep your fingers crossed that he starts on Wednesday, PLEASE

As usual, it's the end of the month, so I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO busy at work, but I hope to be back soon with pics from the first day! :)

I hope you all are doing well. I miss you friends! :)
And for good measure...(excuse the pajamas...we were relaxing! :))





3 comments:

Jackie said...

I've been thinking about you guys and am glad to hear that you're all safe!

Fingers crossed that school starts on Wednesday. I can't wait to hear how Manuel's first day goes!

Lindsay said...

Have a GREAT time :)

Kayla said...

Love the pictures. I hope he has a great first day!