Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reality check

Hello friends!

I hope you all are having a great week! I'm still here, reading and commenting, but not having much blog material of my own! :) I'd rather write when I have a purpose than just write to write, ya know?

Again, thank you all so much for your support about my latest Pour Your Heart Out post. It's hard to be so brutally honest when this blogging world can be, at times, a mean place (I've never experienced it, but several of the "big time" bloggers I follow have the most hateful, inappropriate things said to them) So thank you all SO much for the love and support! :)

I've REALLY been working on being a better, more patient mother (and it's been no easy task with Manuel on oral steroids for the last 5 days! He is W-I-L-D (which is pretty uncharacteristic of him! :)) But I'm still trying! :)

And if this wasn't the slap back to reality that I needed, I don't know what is...I was in the kitchen with Mia and apparently she had done something bad (I have NO clue what it was) and I heard from the other room Manuel say, "Good job Mommy! Good job not getting mad at Mia." It broke my heart that he would, at the sweet age of 5 1/2, even notice it, BUT at the same time it made me proud that my attempt at change was obvious to my sweet son! I haven't been perfect! I've definitely slipped up and gotten angry about small things, but I'm trying, and that's half the battle! :)

Thankfully, by posting on here, I feel like I have to hold myself accountable. I'll keep you posted! :)

And for good measure..
(Awfully quality cell phone pic!) Mia walking to the car the other day, headed to Linnie's. Clearly, she had important phone calls to make (yes, that's an old cell phone on her shoulder! :), yes, she's barefoot (some battles aren't worth fighting at 7am :) and yes, that's spray paint on the sidewalk (Verizon is putting in FIOS :))

6 comments:

Jeska said...

Recognizing your own faults is a big half the battle! I bet patience with a wild little boy is super hard, but I also bet you're doing a better job than you think! Mia is too cute with the cell phone on her shoulder :)

finallyMom@blogspot.com said...

awww good for you indeed!! just take it one day at a time, that's all we all can do!
ack Mia is just too cute for words! :)

Bobbie - Clumsy Crafter said...

I love the blogging world that is supportive of each other! hate the other side of it though.

Jackie said...

Good job on keeping your patience! I know it's not easy with little wild ones! ;)

How adorable is that pic of Mia?!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Mean comments always mysitfy me. It's funny to me that they're almost always anonymous.

I am also trying to be more patient. It's a daily effort right now, but I think I'll get it mastered...before they start college. :)

Shell said...

Way to go on the patience! I struggle with it. And I'm glad you got support.