Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Name Game

*Thank you all for your super supportive and awesome comments yesterday! It's great to know I'm not alone! :) I've already been working on being a more patient mom, and honestly, in barely 24 hours I notice a change. No lie! :) My better attitude seems to help everyone else have a better attitude. Imagine that! ;) Thanks again! :))

Now, on to a fun link-up that I came across over at Jesslyn Amber's blog (who I came to from Mandy at a sorta fairytale)



The Name Game


The idea behind this link up is to answer the questions, "What does your blog name mean?" and "Why did you choose the name?" and include pics. So here it goes...

The name of my blog is obviously, "And for good measure" but if you notice my website address is
http://mcgx2.blogspot.com/ that's because my blog used to be called "E=MCG^2" (a spin off of Einsteins E=MC^2) which I got because my husband and my son's initial are MCG, get it? Good! :) (this blog was started before I had Mia). At the time, when I did post, I typically would end my post with "And for good measure..." and post a pic. Time went on, Mia was born, and I would think to myself that I needed to change my blog name because it didn't incorporate Mia (and I didn't want her feelings to be hurt, as if she cared! ;))

So then I thought, "Hmmmm, I end my blog posts with "And for good measure" quite often and that would be a super cute name for a blog" (at least I thought so :)) so than I changed my blog name. And there you have it! :) I never changed my web address because I am NOT technically savy and I wasn't sure if I did change my website to http://andforgoodmeasure.blogspot.com/ if my followers would be able to find me! :) So I just left my web address alone! :)
Happy Thursday Friends! I"m working from home today and TRYING to keep Mia from climbing on the tables and break her leg, while doing actual work too! ;) Wish me luck! :)

And for good measure...

2 comments:

Kayla said...

I am glad you are doing better today. It's best to be proactive! I hope you have a great weekend!

Jesslyn Amber said...

That is just so clever! I love it. And that's so adorable how you end each post with that saying and a picture. It gives your readers something to look forward to.

You have a gorgeous family, and I looove the name Mia! I've always considered naming my little girl that. :)

Thank you for sharing with us!