Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Hello friends!

Last week it was an earthquake, today it's a hurricane...quite surreal if you ask me! Unfortunately, unlike the earthquake, there have been several fatalities today as Hurricane Irene has slammed the East Coast. Please be in prayers for those families who have lost loved ones. So sad!

The hurricane seems to have started hitting Maryland as I type. It's 9:53pm EST and they are saying that we will be getting slammed for the next 5 or so hours. I hope we keep power, but honestly, in such challenging circumstances, power is the least of my worries. I worry and pray for peoples saftey, especially those out there who are having to work in this. *As I was typing that, I just heard on the news that they are starting to pull emergency crews off the roads because it is just too unsafe*

Lights are starting to flicker, so power could be gone soon. I pray that if you are reading this and have been affected/will be affected by the hurricane that you are safe! Just pray for all of those in the line of this storm.

I'm heading to bed soon because if not, I'm going to eat every last item of food in my cabinets! Take care friends and have a great rest of the weekend (if we lose power and I don't get read my fav blogs! :))

And for good measure...
 What Mia is doing during the hurricane! ;)
 Manny made this awesome fort for he and Manuel (I thought it was funny that I've never shared pics of my bedroom before and when I do, THIS is what it looks like! ;)
 Ignore the mismatched bedding, again, it's not normally like this! :)
Good night friends! Stay safe!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying for you guys!! :)

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I love the fort! We've been praying for you all over the weekend.

Renee said...

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.