Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving

I don't know why I even ATTEMPT at putting my 30 Days of Thankfulness on my blog every year...I NEVER succeed! ;) I post religiously on Facebook, each and every morning, but the process of putting it over here too is obviously something my brain can't handle! ;) However, I did want to log on and wish you all a VERY Happy Thanksgiving! I pray with all my heart that your hearts (and bellies ;) are filled this Thanksgiving. When I sit and think about how much family I'll be surrounded with tomorrow and the love that my heart will feel, it saddens me (beyond words) to think that there will be people who tomorrow (and possibly everyday), will be without loved ones, without food, and without knowing the TRUE spirit of Thanksgiving! :( I pray for those people. I pray with my whole hear that they would find someone, even just ONE person to spend the day with.

Be well my sweet friends! :) I have offered to give the prayer before dinner tomorrow, which I'd like to share here, as my prayer to you and your families, as well as a picture of my adorable kiddos from last year. It's crazy how much they grow in ONE year! :)

And for good measure...
*Well, apparently I'm out of space and can't post anymore pictures unless I buy space! :( That might be something I'll look into, but not now! :) In case you need to see my children from Thanksgiving last year ;) go back to my Thanksgiving post 2011.

For now, here's my prayer:
Jesus,
   Thank you for this...the ability to sit here, surrounded by family, together, with all of this food in front of us, happy and blessed. Please bless the hands that prepared it. As we begin our meal of Thanksgiving, Jesus, please help us to remember that no matter what worries are in our hearts at this moment, no matter what burdens we may carry, we have so much more than so many others and should be thankful! Help us to remember your words, "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"
(1 Thess 5:18) And we ask all of this in your precious Holy name, forever and ever. Amen.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! :)

No comments: