Friday, November 2, 2012

Day #2 of Thankfulness

As I mentioned in my post from yesterday, every year on Facebook I take the month of November and each day my status is dedicated to something I'm thankful for. Since not everyone (even though I think I'm speaking to myself at this point when it comes to blogging, but that's okay! ;)) is my friend on Facebook, I also like to TRY and post those items on here as well. So far, so good, I'm two for two in remembering to post it here! ;)

Day #2 of my 30 Days of Thankfulness...today I am thankful for my husband, Manny (aka Mans! ;)) Although I could spend the next 28 days telling you just how thankful I am for him, I'll spare you all! ;) But for today...He has shown me that no matter what, if you are a victim of circumstance and handed things in life you have no control over and/or "self inflicted" pain/issues you can rise above it...
all and change, REALLY change forever, and never look back! He is the backbone of our family. He is strong when I am weak, an AMAZING father, and the guy who would help out ANYONE in their time of need. I've never met anyone with such a good, kind, gentle soul. If you are suffering, if you are struggling with addiction, if you feel like there just isn't a reason to change and give your life to God, think again! Look at Manny's life as an example of a life well lived! :) From drug addicted felon to father, husband, church Usher, man of God..doesn't get more inspirational than that! No, he/we aren't perfect, but he is my soulmate, and there is truly no one else on this Earth I can imagine spending the rest of my life with! Love you Mans! :)
 
Have a great weekend friends! :)

2 comments:

Meg {henninglove} said...

i think it is a wonderful thing to write down something we are thankful for each day of this month. the thankfulness should spread then throughout the rest of the year :-)

Jackie said...

Love this idea! I remember you doing it last year too :)