Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day of Thankfulness #9 & #10

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! :) Manny and Manuel are on a boyscouts outing, and Mia and I are headed to the mall for some Ravens gear! :) After all my hardwork at the end of last month, during the hurricane, my work gave me tickets to the Ravens game, with onfield passes before the game! Hubby and I are SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!

Now, onto my post ;) ....
Day #9 of my 30 Days of Thankfulness...today I am thankful for my mom! She has taught my sister and I some of the most important lessons in life..work hard, education is your first priority (although I may not have followed that exactly my sister has 55 ;) Master degrees :)), don't get discouraged because you will find "the one", and so much more! There are times when Manny is working a lot of ove...
rtime and I think to myself, "I just don't know how single mothers do it!"...not only did my mom do it, but she did it, in what some would consider the most difficult years of a childs life, their teenage years!!!!! :) She was the epitome of what great single mother should be...working herself to the ground to take care of my sister and I, never putting anyone before us, and raising us to be strong, independent adults! And although I can be a TAD emotional, a bit neurotic, and maybe down right crazy ;) she loves me anyway! Thank you SO much for all you've done for me Mom! Thank you for helping out with the kiddos when we get in a bind and need your help! We love you!!!! :)
 
 
Day #10 of my 30 Days of Thankfulness...today I am thankful for my dad, Lou Simpson! Anyone that knew my dad, loved him! He would do anything for anyone and was definitely one of the most kind hearted people I know/knew. Unfortunately my dad spent his life battling addiction, and in the end addiction won :( but I know he is in Heaven, happy, healthy and free! :) My dad taught me the power of forgiveness, and because I was able to forgive him, Manny, Manuel and I (Mia wasn't here yet :)) were able to show him a ton of love before God called him Home. My only wish is that he would have gotten to meet Mia....he would have absolutely LOVED LOVE LOVED her! :) In the event that there is Facebook in Heaven ;) I love you Dad! :)
 
 
 

1 comment:

Shay said...

So sorry about your dad:-( Your mom sounds like a sweetheart. I agree- I cannot imagine being a single parent!