Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just made me smile...

Hi Friends!

I hope your pre-Christmas week is going well! :) Everything is busy, busy, busy around here (as expected :)) I am REALLY looking forward to this weekend, not just because it's Christmas, but I'm just excited to sit down with the fam, relax, and enjoy time together. Manny has been working crazy amounts of overtime lately so it'll be nice just to have some extra time with him and the kiddos (and of course my extended family)

As you go about the hussle and bussle of these these next few days please take a moment to remember the REAL reason of the season...as Manuel so adorably put it, "Mommy, it's sad...the kids at school think Christmas is all about presents. They don't know that it's really about Jesus's birthday." SO true my sweet boy! But what's even more sad is when grown adults don't recognize the true meaning of Christmas. We are who we are because of Him and His birth should be celebrated! :)

We had an end of the year meeting yesterday, just to discuss the company's past year, how things went, where things are going, etc. Each year we have "awards" that everyone votes on (there is probably about 80+ people in our corporate office)...silly things like "Biggest Coffee Drinker and "Loudest Department" to thoughtful awards like, "Most Positive" and "Just Can't Say No." Needless to say I was shocked when I heard our HR Manager say, "The award for "Most Inspiring" goes to Christina Gomez." I was shocked, turned very red and just really honored. I know it seems silly to be handed a paper certificate with a few words on it and be so touched, but I really was. I know I'm not always rainbows and sunshine, and it's easy to get caught up in a gossipy work environment, etc. but it's nice to know that people think so kindly of me! :) Out of the 80+ corporate employees, we have no way of knowing how many people actually voted, but either way, even if it was only ONE person who thinks I'm inspiring, then I'm doing my job and trying my best!! :)



I hope to post at some point this weekend to wish everyone a VERY Merry Christmas! :)

And for good measure...(two awful quality pics, but adorable nonetheless :))

 Rockin' her jammies AND bed head! ;)
Early morning smiles before heading out work, school and Linnies :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm not surprised about which award you received...I would most definitely give you that one too! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Merry Christmas!!!

Courtney B said...

Aw! That award is PERFECT for you! You're so awesome, Christina!
Merry Christmas to you and your adorable family!