Sunday, December 18, 2011

All I want for Christmas is...

My two front teeth! :) Well, not really, but we had a big milestone reached in our house on Friday...Manuel lost his first tooth! :) He was SO excited!! His tooth has been loose for quite some time now, but he wouldn't allow me to touch it to see exactly how loose it was, so I wasn't sure when it would be coming out. Well, at afterschool care on Friday he was accidentally hit in the mouth with a Wii remote, and it knocked his tooth out! :) He looks so cute! I don't care what the running rate is for a tooth these days, because to be honest, I think children are raised to have SUCH high expectations for certain thing (ie. losing a tooth). Now don't get me wrong, YES, it's a HUGE deal, and we made a very big deal about it, but there was no way this Tooth Fairy was leaving $5, $10, $15 (all figures I've heard mentioned)...she left Manuel a crisp $1 bill and my sweet boy could not have been any happier!!!! He was SO excited that he woke up around 4am to share the news! ;)

You can't really tell in this picture (with my cell phone) but he is missing a bottom front tooth :)
(He's in his jammies...we don't wear sleeveless clothes in the winter but he LOVES this jammie shirt! :))

We also celebrated my niece Vivienne's 1st Birthday, a la a Snow Princess theme that was absolutely adorable! I'll share pics sometime this week!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! One week until Christmas, YAY!!!!! :) 

2 comments:

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

so cute. and i think $1 is appropriate. we used to get a quarter!

Jackie said...

Yay, Manuel! He looks adorable!