Monday, December 12, 2011

Our weekend

It's beginning to feel a lot like winter/Christmas in Maryland! I love Christmas, but I am NOT a fan of cold or snow! :( This is the first weekend where it actually felt like winter around these parts (even though I know it's not "technically" winter) I could deal with 60-70 degree temps year round, but unfortunately that's not Maryland for ya, and the cold was bound to come! :)

My girlfriends and I try to get together at least once a month, typically doing something with our children. Yesterday a few of us met up and went to a local farm for some festive fun! :) It was C-H-I-L-L-Y out but we bundled up and had a blast. I was worried that Mia wouldn't be able to go since she's been sick, but she's on the mend so I decided to take her. Sometimes the fresh air (no matter how chilly it might be! ;)) is good for the soul). We had a great time! Afterwards we headed to a local pizza shop for lunch and just enjoyed some quality girlfriend/children time. Yesterday was church and small group. I'm SO glad that I decided to get over my extreme shyness and try out a couples small group at church...although I have yet to say a single word in group, it was a big enough hurdle just to get me through the door, so I'm proud of myself! :) I already feel more connected to our church just from the few times we've gone to small group. I hope as time passes I open up more and really connect with these people on a personal basis! :)

My prayer is that you all have had a wonderful weekend! Back to work today but honestly, between now and New Years, work seems more fun then anything with pot lucks, gift exchanges, baskets of goodies coming in daily from our investors, etc.! :) (not good on the waistline, but fun, nonetheless! :))

And for good measure....
The kids bundled up and ready to go! :)
There was a train at the farm that took you on ride around the entire farm. It was very cute! :)

 Mia riding her pink tractor :)
 Manuel patiently waiting for the train

Tractor/airplane stand-off ;)

Happy Monday friends! I hope your week is wonderful! :) 

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm glad Mia is feeling better! The farm looks like it was a lot of fun!

Fash Boulevard said...

omg. the kids look adorable. super happy I found your blog. loving it. definitely following. If u get a sec I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a small town girl turned LA local. thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Kayla said...

love the pictures! good luck with the group! you can do it.