Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy Friday (and an update)

Hello friends and Happy Friday!

Sorry to keep everyone hanging in regards to my post yesterday (thank for your sweet words and prayers :)) I haven't been able to update sooner because I've been working from home yesterday and today AND Mia is sick! :( Just a cold, but her nose and eyes are leaking like faucets, so trying to balance that, with actually getting work done, it's a hard balance! :) But I am SO thankful to have a job where I can work from home when need be.

BUT, back to my update...the surgeon told me yesterday that he does not think it's a hernia. He said he thinks it's a pulled muscle or strain. I have never heard of a pulled muscle or strain causing a "lump" (mass, whatever you want to call it) however, I'm not a doctor, so I'll take his word for it .Dr. F said it could take 2-3 weeks for it to heal, so that's what I'll do...I'll take it easy, and wait 2-3 weeks, BUT you better believe if this time next month that lump is still there I will be going back to my doctor and asking for a second opinion. I tend to let things go when it comes to myself (I think us mommies just naturally put ourselves 3rd, 4th, 5th down the list) but with something like a mass, that's just not something I'm going to mess with. Don't get me wrong, I want nothing more then for this to be nothing at all but I'm still going to be keeping an eye on it, and worrying about myself! :)

Take care friends and have a great weekend! I have to get back to work! :(

And for good measure...

Our Cookie Bake of 2011 (this year we built gingerbread houses-SO much fun! :))
(L-R...My Aunt Lucy, my niece Vivienne, my sister Amy, my grandmother, Nonna :), my mom, my cousin, Megan, Mia and I :))
My sweet, Mia Grace
Our 2011 personalized family ornament (we've gotten one every year since our first Christmas together in 2005 :))

2 comments:

Kayla said...

i hope it is just a muscle problem! I really put myself last. i love the ornament. i need to get on the ball and get ours.

Jackie said...

Thanks for the update; I've been thinking about you! Wouldn't that be great if it were just a pulled muscle!

Cookie Bake 2011 looks like it was a hit!

Have a great weekend. I hope Mia's feeling good enough to enjoy it!