Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014

As you all are well aware ;) it's New Years Eve and another year is about to come to a close. The saying time flies is probably the biggest understatement ever told...I swear it was JUST January 2013! Our New Years Eve will be low key...pizza making with the kiddos, homemade cookies, games and I'm sure we'll all be asleep WAY before midnight which is fine by me! :) If you recall last New Years Eve was spent in the ER with Mia so low key is what I'm asking for!

Our year has been absolutely full of blessings and I couldn't be more grateful. Of course there have been down times (the top of that list would be hours cut at work, volume completely plummeting and your year to date diminish by +$15,000-not really a good thing when you add a mortgage and a new baby to the mix ;) BUT that's where faith, a reliance on God, and just trying to find the good comes into play, because even with that comes more proof that money CAN'T buy you happiness, and we're the happiest we've ever been! :) We'll make it through this valley and come out better and stronger than ever!

At the top of the list of amazing things that 2013 brought our family would certainly be God blessing us with baby #3, our ever adorable Maci Louise! :) She brings so much joy (and chaos ;) into our household and I can't imagine our lives without her. Speaking of household, another amazing thing that tops our list would be becoming homeowners! We had NO intentions of buying once our lease was up...but God laughed, and certainly had other plans for us! Our home brings me so much joy and I still look around and think, "How is this ours?!??!" Of course 2013 also brought Manuel turning 7 and starting 2nd grade. He continues to be our super sensitive, but increasingly more confident oldest child, our only boy. It also brought Mia turning 3, becoming a big sister and the sassiest almost 4 year old I've ever met ;). And (I know I shouldn't start a sentence with "and" forgive me ;)) it brought my hubby turning 33, getting a promotion at work and busting his hiney, day and night, to make our house a home. The Gomez's are blessed and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings!

This sums up my plans for 2014 (copied from my Facebook :))

As I look back on 2013 I can't help but think how TRULY blessed I am! I know I say that all the time but I mean it from the bottom of my heart! Life is not without trial or struggle but the joy certainly outweighs the bad! My goals for 2014 are simple...eat better/exercise more (lose 20 lbs), start recycling, be more patient with my children and husband, go "greener" (first step: make my own laundry detergent) and lastly, become a prayer warrior for those people that need me! I believe SO strongly in the power of prayer (and just this year have seen prayer change lives all around me!) Please know that when I say "I'm praying for you!" those aren't just words that everyone says, I mean it and I do pray! If you ever find yourself unable to pray, please reach out to me (you can send me a private message) and I promise I will pray and your business will be kept between you, me and God! Wishing you all a happy, safe, blessed 2014!!!

Happy New Years Friends! I pray that your year is filled with blessings beyond measure and a relationship with God if you don't have one! :)

 Christmas Day 2013
One of my most prized possessions from Red Letter Words

No comments: