Okay, on to the challenge...
Day 18: Something You Regret
I'm not one of those people who can say, "I regret nothing in life because I am who I am today because of ...." Although that's great if you can say that, I can not!
I regret not finishing college. I went, I cared too much about partying and after several semesters I walked away, with nothing. It makes me sad! I was going for my Mental Health and Human Services degree. I know I would have made an awesome social worker. Maybe one day! :)
I also regret the extent of hard partying I did back in my early 20's. I really do sit back at times and say, "If I hadn't done ........... (fill in various drug) so much, I wonder how much different of a person I would be." Some of the drugs I did were "heavy duty" and done often enough that there is no way my mind and body got out of it unharmed. I'm sure there was permanent damage done to my brain and my organs from the things I did. I regret it. I wish I could take it back, but obviously I can't. I'm a COMPLETELY different person nowadays, and I guess that's what really matters.
Sorry to get deep two days in a row! :)
Go visit Katie's page and link up! :)
2 comments:
Yay Mia! That's a big milestone!
It's hard not to have regrets, but the past has shaped you into who you are today...and I can tell that you are the sweetest person and greatest Mommy ever! :)
Have a great weekend!
LoL I'm right there with you with the 'hard partying'. So glad those days are long gone!
And yay for Mia! She's gonna earn my nickname soon, which is Scooter! hahah.
And Guess What! I have an award for you at my blog, please come visit me and pick it up! :)
((hugs))
Post a Comment