Friday, January 31, 2014

Manuel Christopher is 8

How in the world are we here!??! Where, you ask? To this day, January 31, 2014...the day my first born, my only son, turns EIGHT! I say it all the time, and it's a huge cliche, but really, it floors me how quickly times go! :( I was looking at Manuel this morning, making a loom bracelet before school, and I thought, "He was JUST born. I mean really, wasn't it yesterday?!?? Heck, I'll even go as far as to say a year ago! But EIGHT years ago, NO WAY!!!"

I'm finding myself having a more difficult time with time (confusing, I know) lately, and I can't quite put my finger on why????? My mom turns 60 in April and that hurts my heart. I try to put it in perspective that yes, she'll be 60, but that's not old. In reality, she could live to be 90 and then heck, I'll be 62 by then with possible grandchildren of my own, so why be sad!??! I'm not sure!

My baby turns eight today and my heart aches to type that. I wonder if it's because I'm getting older, I know we can't live forever and the bottom line is time passes too quickly! No way around it! I guess I just need to learn to live in the moment instead of focusing on the, "I can't believe my last baby is already 4.5 months..." or "I can't believe...." Just live Christina! :)

But back to my post about my sweet boy...he is EIGHT today! Full of life, love of the outdoors, an increasing self confidence, and a heart that would make any Momma proud! Manuel would spend every single second, of every single day playing outside if he could. If we want to punish him, we make him stay inside and watch TV, seriously! :) It's awesome to have a child who loves to be so active and doesn't want to sit in front of the TV playing video games! He's a gem! He's not perfect, but such a good kid at heart!

And because Facebook is my go to on days like today, here is my status that pretty much sums it up:
at 3:30pm, EIGHT years ago we welcomed our sweet, kind, sensitive, suddenly confident, super cute, smart, Manuel Christopher into this world! He made me a Mommy for the very first time and thinking that I've been his for 8 years brings tears to my eyes! I should not be sitting here today typing this...my life was on a downward spiral to nowhere good, my life was so full of complete chaos, doing things that certainly should have killed me and definitely didn't have God in it! The very second I found out I was going to be a Mommy, ready or not, my world stopped and I started to live for this angel inside of me! I fail as a Mommy, more often than not, especially with Manuel because he's the oldest but he's quick to forgive and even at 8, jump up for a snuggle or hug Manuel Christopher, i love you more than life itself! Always remember what Daddy teaches you...love Jesus, work hard and protect your sisters! Happy 8th Birthday Buddy!

And because Manuel was born before (my) digital camera and blogging days, here are some AWFUL pictures of pictures of his first days of life:

 Heading home from the hospital
 The morning of my c-section (41 lb weight gain wth my first pregnancy! ;)
 Not sure why his skin looks orange and his face looks multi-colored...it wasn't! :)
 He was a few weeks old here :)
 Our first pic as a family of 3
10 hours of labor with ZERO progression (I wouldn't dilate past 1 because of a huge cyst I had that prevented Manuel from dropping) will clearly tire you out! ;) Hence my appearance! :)

No comments: