Tuesday, September 3, 2013

38 weeks

Hello friends! I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! :) We hosted a cookout on Saturday and then our day off work yesterday was spent cleaning, doing last minute odds and ends before the baby gets here and the kids played outside A LOT! :)

How far along? 38+ weeks! One week from today (God willing-after someone you love loses a child(ren) you know that there are NO guarantees in life!!), around this exact time, I will holding my newest son or daughter, introducing him/her to Manuel and Mia! :)

Weight gain/loss: I'd say 21 lbs total.

Symptoms: a lot more cramping then I experienced with my first two pregnancies, especially at night when I roll over! :)

Gender: surprise! I may have a heart attack on the operating table if it's a boy, that's how convinced I am that we are having a girl! :)

Maternity clothes?of course and even then I'm running out of options! :) But thankfully all of my summer dresses (even the non-maternity ones) still fit and look cute! :)

Sleep: still up every couple of hours...my body will definitely be semi prepared with the lack of sleep when the baby arrives because I haven't slept in MONTHS! :)

Food cravings/aversions: still trying to finalize my "last meal" before "D-day" ;) I'm thinking I might need Texas Roadhouse! :)

Movement? absolutely!

What I miss? sleep and REALLY getting to snuggle Manuel and Mia. They can't really fit on my lap as comfy and cozy as they can without a big ol' bump! ;)

Best moment(s) this week: taking the kids to Ripken Stadium on Friday for an Ironbirds game! It was our final "hoorah" as a family of 4 and the kids had a great time! :) They did fireworks after the game and they were the best fireworks I've EVER seen! :)

What I'm looking forward to:I literally get a lump in my throat when I picture my mom bringing the kids to the hospital next Tuesday and them walking in, having NO clue whether I'm going to be introducing them to their little brother or sister and the looks on their faces!!! :)

Next appointment: tomorrow, 9/4/13. My last appointment before "D-day" :)

And for good measure, my 38 week baby bump:


1 comment:

Jackie said...

SO excited for your family! I'll be stalking your page until I hear the good news! :)