Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Sweet Boys


Happy Birthday to my sweet nephews Mateo, Ian and Anthony! I truly can't believe you are turning FIVE today...we wish you were here on Earth to celebrate this big day but know you're in Heaven having the grandest of celebrations! :) We love you, miss you and talk about you all the time! We'll see you one day sweet boys, until then, know that you are never far from my thoughts and prayers! :)


**I am always very conscientious to make sure Manuel, Mia (and eventually Baby #3) know that they have 3 cousins in Heaven, and it's extra special when the kids say something that lets me know they "get it". Of course Manuel has gotten it for many years, but this is the first year that Mia understands/is starting to understanding as reflected in our conversation this morning...   driving to Linnie's today and Mia says, "Mommy, why aren't you singing?" I reply, "I'm too tired to sing" but then realize I love the song that's on the radio so I start singing again. Mia says, "Why are you singing now Mommy?" I said, "Because I love this song and I love Jesus!" She says, "I love you Jesus too...and PopPop (my dad)...and the babies. Can the babies come to my house and play when they get bigger?" I reply, "No baby, I'm sorry they can't. They are in Heaven." Mia said, "When I get to Heaven, I'll see them." And I said, "Yes, but not for a long, long time. Once you're much older!" Mia said, "I can't wait to be older. When I get older I'll get to be Bap-a-tized and see the babies!"  

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet nephews. I'm squeezing my girls extra tight today!