Monday, May 20, 2013

23 weeks

Happy Monday Ya'll (I always wanted a Southern accent! ;)) I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was a very busy weekend around our house, and I have pictures to share, but that'll have to wait. I just wanted to post my weekly update ON TIME this week! :)

How far along: 23 weeks


Symptoms: tired...I have a feeling that this is just how my pregnancy is going to be. I mean I need to give myself some credit, I work full-time, I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old to take care (and hubby steps up A LOT!) and I'm older now! ;)
Weight gain/loss: So yes, I went to my OB appt last Wednesday I have officially gained 9 lbs! This is 100% in the normal range for someone who started their pregnancy "overweight" according to the BMI scare, so I'm fine with it, it was just the "jump" that I didn't like! :) My doctor assured me all is well, but still! :)
Gender: Surprise baby!!! :) We found out with both Manuel and Mia, and since this will be our last child (I can't imagine a 4th c-section) we figured this one should be a surprise!

Maternity clothes? for the most part, just for comfort sake. I could squeeze into my pre-prego maternity pants, but why? ;)

Sleep: It could be better! :) I get up at least 2 times a night to pee. I try to limit my water intake after a certain time, but I can't help it. If I'm thirsty, I'm thirsty! :)
Food cravings/aversions: I really want sushi (cooked, of course! Prego or not, I only eat cooked sushi! :)) and steamed crabs. Maryland is known for their steamed crabs and this time of year it's just a necessity!
Movement? a lot! It was funny the other day the kids were bickering and the baby was moving like crazy! To think that he/she will be involved one day brings a smile to my face! :)

What I miss? A FULL nights sleep
Best moment(s) this week: after an emergency trip to Labor and Delivery on Thursday, the best moment was definitely finding out that everything was fine with Baby G! It was a very scary few hours!
What I'm looking forward to: our mini-vacay at the end of the month. Since we are moving next month and you know, having a baby ;) we aren't taking a week long beach trip this year. So instead we are heading down for a few days just to enjoy the beach, eats lots of yummy food AND of course, get our annual Old Time Photo! :)
Next appointment: June 12th...and my glucose test! Yippy! ;)

And here is my 23 week bump! :) (and a very dirty mirror! ;)






5 comments:

Denise said...

Your bump is seriously picture perfect! And I totally have that shirt :)

Romantic Savy said...

You're so small for 23 weeks! :) I already miss my prego belly but it's so wonderful to have your baby here finally!

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

How fun! Your bump is too cute!

Kelly said...

Looking good mama! Love the new blog look!

Jackie said...

Your bump is adorable!

How fun that it's almost vacation time.. I think this will be the 3rd Old Time Photo I've seen! ;)