Monday, April 8, 2013

17 weeks

Life is SO short, time flies so quickly, and as I get to a more "comfortable" stage of pregnancy (ie. not feeling sick all day and having some energy back), I am trying to TRULY enjoy each day. Trust me, I NEVER take my pregnancy for granted, as I know there are millions of women who would love to trade places with me but along with not taking it for granted, I want to ENJOY it! So that's where I'm at this week! :) *And as soon as I have a belly to show, I'll show it! :)

How far along? 17 weeks


Symptoms: none really
Weight gain/loss: Definitely, at least 2 lbs
Gender: Surprise baby!!! :) We found out with both Manuel and Mia, and since this will be our last child (I can't imagine a 4th c-section) we figured this one should be a surprise!

Maternity clothes? I have a TON of absolutely adorable borrowed maternity clothes from friends, but haven't had to wear any of them yet
Sleep: It could be better! :) I think I just need to stop drinking so much water before bed! That would definitely help!

Food cravings/aversions: still can't stand the thought of frozen pizza or a local Mexican restaurant that I gorged on one night at the beginning of my pregnancy, but other than that, I try to keep it SOMEWHAT healthy ;)

Movement? Absolutely! It's becoming more and more apparent each day! :)

What I miss: a full nights sleep, but again, if I stopped drinking so much water before bed, I think that would help! :)

Best moment(s) this week: just starting to feel better and more like myself again! My mood has definitely improved (Just ask my husband! ;)
What I'm looking forward to: my next ultrasound. I just want to hear the heartbeat again and see he/she. Also, this will be Manny's first time seeing him/her, so that's super exciting too! :)

Next appointment: April 17th which will be an OB appointment as well as my "big" scan...check the heart, body parts, etc. NO GENDER REVEAL, of course! ;)

Now a cute story to share and a few pics from the weekend...
Everyday Mia hears us praying about a friend from church who is battling cancer. She knows that he is very sick and each day we pray for him to get better. When we got to church yesterday we learned that sadly, hospice has been called in, the end if very near and when I heard this I started to cry a lot. Mia asked what was wrong and I explained to her that Mr. B is very sick and will be going to Heaven with Jesus soon. She said, "Don't cry Mommy. That means he won't be sick anymore and he'll be all better!" If only we thought more like children! Please keep this family in your prayers as "Mr. B" has a wife, a son, a grandson, a daughter-in-law and sweet granddaughter on the way!

 It's baseball season so I had to dig out Manuel's old Orioles jersey for Mia to wear this season :)
 Killing time outside of the grocery store while hubby ran in for a few things (hence the reason why he's not correctly buckled! ;)
 My sweet baby girl and I
 Enjoying a trip to the park after church! :)

 


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Your pregnancy seems to be flying by! I can't believe you're almost half way! So exciting!

Courtney B said...

Aaaahh! Your pregnancy is flying by! I'm glad you're feeling better! I still can't believe you're going to be surprised with the gender. I don't think I could stand not knowing. So I'm glad I get to live vicariously through you, ha ha!
Cuuuuute hair by the way :)