Monday, March 18, 2013

14 weeks/random pics :)

How far along? 14 weeks, HELLO 2nd trimester! :)
Symptoms: still a bit more fatigued then usual

Weight gain/loss: at my appointment last week (3/13/13) I was actually down one lb from my first OB appointment. My OB said, "Now don't worry that you lost weight..." I stopped her right there and started laughing and told her she'd NEVER have to worry about me worrying about LOSING weight! ;)

Gender: too early to tell, but we aren't finding out anyway!!!!!!!!!! Surprise baby!!! :) We found out with both Manuel and Mia, and since this will be our last child (I can't imagine a 4th c-section) we figured this one should be a surprise!

Maternity clothes? not yet. My friend Lauren, who is also my hairdresser will be doing my hair on April 5th and giving me a ton of clothes. This is the first time I'll be prego PREGO during the summer, so she is graciously sharing her maternity clothes with me as her daughter was also born in September. Yay me! :)

Sleep: Go to bed around 8:30-ish and then I'll randomly wake up throughout the night. I actually pee SO many times throughout the night as well. I think I need to cut off my water intake come a certain time each night, because that's certainly not helping with the crazy sleep patterns! :)

Food cravings/aversions: still have the frozen pizza aversion...one that has really gotten to me lately is frozen pizza! Weird, right? Normally one night a week we'll have pizza for dinner, if it's the frozen kind, I won't eat it. I'll just have cereal. Pizza shop pizza and grocery store pizza (the fresh kind they make on hand and you just bake) I love, but frozen pizza no way! :) Other than that, I'm getting less nauseous with each passing week.

Movement? Absolutely! Little flutters and I love it! I can't wait until the kids and Manny can start feeling him/her!
What I miss: a full nights sleep and my energy!

Best moment(s) this week: getting to hear his/her heartbeat last week, feeling more consistent flutters, seeing all of my friends on Saturday at "Girls day" (breakfast and the movies)
What I'm looking forward to: when I start to sport a bump...still nothing yet!
Next appointment: April 17th which will be an OB appointment as well as my "big" scan...check the heart, body parts, etc. NO GENDER REVEAL, of course! ;)
Milestones (via Babycenter):
This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.


And a few pics of our weekend/recently, for good measure ;)
 These two are inseperable and the best of friends! It makes my heart SO happy to see them together! :)
 Spring came to Maryland (for a day! ;) and Mia was ready to go! :)
 My poor girl knocked out by the stomach bug! SO sweet, even when she's sick and miserable! :(
 Packed up and ready to go to the Delaware Museum of Natural History for a sleepover with the Boyscouts. They had a blast!
 While they were gone, Mia and I had our fun making cookies (people on Facebook thought this was Play-Doh...I promise it's edible, colored dough from Joe Corbis! :))

 We even pulled out the tent and had our own sleepover! :)
Blurry, but still cute...us being silly! :)





2 comments:

Jackie said...

Hooray for the 2nd trimester! :) Isla would love that colored cookie dough...I need to look into that! :)

Kelly said...

Yeah for 2nd trimester! Enjoy it! Love the pics, especially the tent ones!