Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pregancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day (October 15th)

I'm sure you are aware that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and it is also Downs Syndrome Awareness month, but you may not know that October is also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. Honestly, I probably would have never known either until my sister lost all 3 of her precious sons, triplets, Mateo, Ian and Anthony in May 2008. Trying to wrap my brain around losing one child is too much to even fathom...I truly can't even begin to understand an ounce of the pain caused by losing all 3 of children at the same time! :( My heart was (and still is) broken and I'm not the one who carried those sweet boys for 24+ weeks...I can't even imagine how my sister felt/feels. Truly heartbreaking! Praying for all of those families out there who have lost children, especially my sister and her husband, and my blogging friend, Jackie and her family who lost sweet Baby M. I can't imagine your pain, but I pray for peace. No children will ever replace the precious lives you lost, but you will see those sweet babies one day, and what a joyous reunion it will be. It brings a smile to face just thinking about it! :)

Mia, Manuel and Vivienne (my niece) honoring their cousins/her brothers last year,
October 15th 2011 

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thank you for the reminder of what today is. I think about our second child often, but especially on days like today.

Thinking of your family, your sister, and your 3 nephews as well.