Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Just some sweetness

 4th of July 2011
Happy (almost ;) 4th of July friends! :) I hope you have a wonderful holiday, and whatever you do, please take time to remember what 4th of July is all about...how lucky we are to be free, the sacrifices that are made to keep us free, and what a great land the US is to live in, regardless of how awful it may seem at times, we are SO blessed! :)

A cute story I need to document...

I always talk to Manuel and Mia about my dad. Although Manuel was young when my dad passed away, he still remembers my dad and his famous meatballs! :) Mia never got to meet my dad, but I think I make sure that Mia knows who he is, because my dad would have absolutely ADORED Mia...her sass and personality...he would have just eaten her up. So we are driving to Linnie's house this morning, and heres our conversation:

Me: "Mia, you are my best friend. Who's your best friend?"
Mia: "Jesus! Jesus is my prend (aka friend ;)) PopPop (my dad) is in Heaven with Jesus. Jesus loves erybody (aka everybody ;))"

It made my heart smile and will probably make me smile every time I think about it. Not only does she know about Jesus at such a young age, she is retaining the things I am telling her about my dad! :)

Have a great 4th of July friends!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Awww, what a sweet story! It's amazing how much toddlers can retain.

Have a wonderful Fourth!

Emily said...

That's so sweet! :)

(found your blog while hopping from one to another.)