Wednesday, July 18, 2012

2.5 years

 How in the world is it possible that it was TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO today that our sweet Mia Grace entered our lives!??!?!?! I am actually tearing up writing that, because albeit cliche, I really can't wrap my brain around how quickly time flies. What's even crazier is that Manuel will be 6.5 on the 31st. I have a soon-to-be 1st grader! :( He'll get his own post at the end of the month ;), but for now, what my Mia is up to:

~Holding strong at about 31 lbs. She doesn't have an official check up until next month where I'll get the accurate figure, but I use her as my "is my scale correct?" measurement before I get on it :) and she is 31 lbs.

~loves the pool, bath, ocean, and water in general (even if it's just washing her hands! ;))

~has a stubborn streak like no other! That girl is ORNERY, but SOOO adorable that it almost balances it out! ;) She has found herself in time out everyday on occasion! ;)

~Mia has never been a "napper" so nothing about that has changed...she is usually asleep by 8:30pm and TYPICALLY I'll have to wake her up around 6:30am to get ready for the day.

~well on her way to being potty trained! YAY MIA!! She has been saying she has to go potty and sitting on the potty for months now, but with the exception of a handful of times, nothing actually came ;) However, on July 7th we were at my sisters for a cookout. The kids were swimming in the hot tub (which they made cold so the kids could get in it) and Mia got out of the hot tub and said, "I have to use the potty". I took her potty and she hasn't looked back! Now, she's had an accident here and there, and I certainly wouldn't trust her without a pull-up on at night (although 9 out of 10 times she wakes up dry), she is doing AWESOME!!!

~If you recall, Mia was VERY late in getting teeth...she was 11 months old before she got her FIRST tooth! She does have all of her teeth now, except for those pesky two year molars. I do see one of the top ones FINALLY peeking through! :) She has the cutest teeth and cutest smile! :)

~continues to be an awesome eater! From fruits and veggies to the "bad" stuff (aka chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, etc.) to sushi (like her Momma!) She loves it all!

~you would have no clue that Mia had low muscle tone issues when she was younger...she runs, climbs, throws, just like any other child her age! :)

~still doesn't care much for TV, except for Dora. She still LOVES Dora!

~dancing machine! She will dance for anyone, anytime! :) I can't wait until she is old enough to try out dance class. Around our area you have to be 3! :(

~I LOVE listening to her talk! She is SO animated and definitely a "hand talker" (what can I say? We're Italian and she is surrounded by people that talk with their hands! ;) Obviously, as a mother, I try to curb my language BIG TIME when I'm around my children...I don't say curse words really ever, but I mean I try not to say anything "negative" (stupid, moron, etc.) in front of the kids! Well, UNFORTUNATELY Mia is in the car with me 99.9% of the time, and I've been known to say "Thanks for letting me over moron" or "Well aren't you driving like an idiot"...and now she'll chime in from the backseat, "Mommy, you shouldn't say "moron". That's a bad word!" She is too much! :)

~we can't leave the house without hearing, at least once, "Oh my gosh, a little Shirley Temple!" Her curls are out of control (in a super adorable way) and people comment everywhere we go! :)

~only drinks water and milk! Manuel is the same way which is fine by me! :)

~still in a crib and I have no intention of moving her to a big girl bed in the near future. Yes, I understand she is 2 1/2, however, she has never tried to climb out of her crib (well, one time she did lift a leg over and put it right back down! :)) So why ruin a good thing!?!? I know that the second Mia is moved to a big girl bed, her nonexistent sleeping patterns will be even more nonexistent when she has the freedom to roam! :)

Hmmmm, I'm sure I'm missing things, but that's be it for now! :) We have our 1st Annual Tumminello (my moms side) Reunion on Saturday and I can't wait! Hopefully I'll be back early next week with tons of pics. I've totally slacked on this blog, but I'm still keeping up with all of my blogging buddies! :)

And for good measure, pics from the last week or so:













4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy 1/2 birthday sweet girl. So BIG :)

Jackie said...

Our 'babies' are growing too fast! I just started planning Isla's 3rd birthday this week! :(

Happy 2.5 years Miss Mia!

christina said...

such a sweetheart! Happy 2.5 years gorgeous Mia!
hehe i got a chuckle about the car thing- when i get upset in the car, Lovie will always say "Mama!" in a very stern tone and i always tell her she's right and that i'm sorry. hahaha. it's hysterical. :)
and Lovie's also still in her crib. if it aint broke, i aint fixing it. and i LOVE me some sleep! :)

Courtney B said...

Oh my goodness. I'm with you... HOW did she grow up so fast? I am seriously dying. I've been following along since she was just a baby it seems like. Wow! And she is precious as ever :)